Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scent Lock

Old 12-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent Lock

I usually throw an Earth Scent dryer sheet in the dryer while I am washing the Scent Lok suit to get rid of the Downy smell. I take it out before throwing the Scent Lok suit in the dryer.

I totally agree with the suit absorbing the smell, that is why I don't dry it with the sheet in the dryer. I would rather have the suit smell like the earth scent vs. Downy though.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:31 PM

I must admit, the idea behind it is certainly romantic. I bought a suit before this fall season, and I gotta tell ya.......not impressed at all. In fact, I saw more deer on days I wasn't wearing it.

I say that, but there are a couple of times I recall deer being downwind of me and not knowing I was there. All in all, not impressed. I won't be buying any more.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:00 PM
RMA
Fork Horn

Maybe this can help...I ALWAYS spray out the dryer with Carbon Blast before putting clothes into it.

http://www.rmarchery.com/index.asp?cat=172957

Old 01-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RMA

Maybe this can help...I ALWAYS spray out the dryer with Carbon Blast before putting clothes into it.
I'll bet that your wife just loooves that , especially whenshe takes the next load out of the dryer caked with that crap. BTW , carbon is very hard on the heating element of electric dryers and could start a fire , it isn't great for gas dryers either .
Old 01-08-2006, 08:49 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

She doesn't like it but knows I'm a scent control FREAK. I spray in a little then take a scent free rag I've washed and spread it around. All in all NOT that much goes it. I use just enough to break down the smells in there.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

I don’t know if I am a believer in this carbon. I think if you control your breath that helps tremendously. Plus the stuff is very expensive and has to be maintained. My vote is with the x-static under liner made by arctic shield. That with brushing your teeth with backing soda I was not winded in the same wind conditions as I was in the day before. The doe acted like she smelled something but it was not enough to spook her.

I have heard that in order for carbon to be regenerated it has to be heated to hundreds of degrees (F) and the clothing obviously would burn, plus the home dryer does not get anywhere near hot enough. There are now law suits against sent-lok http://trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm as there products have been proven not effective. There patent was also recently rejected.

I do believe in the sent spray killers and the sent killing laundry detergent. Also I think that gum-o-flage has some potential as well.

I think I will save my money for other equipment like new warm clothing when its below zero.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:34 AM

Scent eliminating suits and clothing seem like a great idea and concept if it really works. I believe it is just another marketing ploy like organic food or certified angus beef. Sounds nice but in reality hasn't changed anything. For me i've noticed no difference and hunt 75% from my old hunting cloths for deer now.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

"Scent Lock" is the biggest, worthless gimmickin the hunting industry. The word that comes to mind is fraud. IMHO. Do a search on it.