Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Stand

Old 11-19-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Tree Stand

Anybody use Cabela's SS Lounger Treestand? I was going to buy one.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Tree Stand

Old 11-26-2005, 06:54 PM

i use to have one. Extremely heavy and hard to put up, it may require two ppl to put up BUT BUT BUT BUT, once you get it up, its worth the effort. It is very comfortable. I wish I would have kept mine.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:12 PM

very loud, very heavy, awkward to get in
Old 11-29-2005, 06:55 PM

If your going to buy one thats heavy get the tree lounger. It's not the most mobile climber but man is it safe when you are in it and like sitting in a lazy boy for comfort. I like to hunt all day and when you add the bow hunters accessory so you can stand up and stretch it is THE most comfortable, sturdy and high climbing stand I've even been in.

Not the easiest thing to get on and off the tree but I mount it and hunt it for a few days and it works out great. If you want to be taking it on and off the tree everytime you go in the woods get you one of those little light weight cable climbers...

Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Ellobo

If your going to buy one thats heavy get the tree lounger. It's not the most mobile climber but man is it safe when you are in it and like sitting in a lazy boy for comfort. I like to hunt all day and when you add the bow hunters accessory so you can stand up and stretch it is THE most comfortable, sturdy and high climbing stand I've even been in.

Not the easiest thing to get on and off the tree but I mount it and hunt it for a few days and it works out great. If you want to be taking it on and off the tree everytime you go in the woods get you one of those little light weight cable climbers...

I have two of the older models (Tempered Aircraft Aluminum Square Tubing) which I bought about 10yrs ago. The only stand made that can climb a steel pole without slipping.
Would'nt have any other!!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:42 PM

You need to look at Strongbuilt's "Sling Seat Chain-On" Stand. It is similar to the Cabelas stand. I am sure they are much the same. I have one without the shooting rail because most distances I shoot are 150 yds or less. I am not an all-day hunter, but if I had to pick a stand to stay in all day it would be this one...IT IS SO COMFORTABLE once your in it. Its really only got one problem and that is that it is awkward to put up. IT is rock solid in the tree though because it has 2 ratchet straps and a chain, so you feel safe getting in it and sitting. If you gun hunt the same spots year after year, this stand cannot be beat.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:41 AM

Thanks all I just order a Strongbuilt's it was on sale at bass pro for only $69.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:41 PM

Get you someone to help you put it up, and you'll be fine. It is worth the effort though as its a dream to sit in. The only other thing I can say since I see you live in Canada, is when it snows the snow will lay in the seat and stick to it. When the snow hardens after a day or so, its stuck to the seat and hard and loud to get off, so either cover your seat with something or take it off and turn it upsde down and just put it on when u get in it.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

shoulda bought the tree lounge. more comfortable and more versatile

Quick Reply: Tree Stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.