Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Stand

Old 12-18-2005, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Tree Stand

You must be the TreeStandCop as well??? You would think the guy would know what he needs more than you would. Not everyone needs/likes a climber. You got to have a straight tree to put a climber in so you cant say a climber is more versatile than a lock-on. Your comparing apples and oranges.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was saying a climber is more versatile than a lock on because it is easier to set up and easier to move. even you can't say a lock on is easier to move and set up when you have to screw in tree spikes or strap on ladders, climb the tree and then fasten the stand on.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:28 PM

Well then you should suggest to the guy that a climber is more versatile not tell him he made a wrong choice when u have no idea if he did or not. For all you know he wants a stand to take to a tree and leave it for years. And the stands are almost identical in how you sit so how do you know the tree lounge is more comfortable when they are both virtually the same? Don't tell someone they did something wrong when you have no idea.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:28 PM

Bought one last year and it is by far the most comfortable stand i have ever been in. as far as put it up, it comes with a t-screw to hoist it up the tree with a rope from the ground. i just tie the rope and ratchet it to the tree.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

in a tree lounge you're positioned in more of a "layed back" position which relieves more tension from your lower back. this is how i know the tree lounge is more comfortable...i have sat in both. let me rephrase this, atleast to me it feels more comfortable...everyone's body size and type vary. it was only my opinion that he made a mistake...i really don't care if he takes my advice or not, after all...he made thisthread asking for everyone's thoughts about that particular lock on. if he did not want to know everyone's opinions on this, then he should not have asked.

also, since he is the thread starter he can ask me to clarify what i said, not you...you don't have a dog in this fight. my reply was to him, not you.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Thanks all the only thing that I want was a very comfortable tree stand and my anderstanding the lounger type is comfy.I know it is heavy but when its up he will stay there for that season.I just want to replace my old tree stand that I made a long time ago and its killing my ass. Thanks again for all your comments.