Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

digital trail cam

Old 11-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Default digital trail cam

lm thinking of buying a digital trail cam, actually i m going to any thoughts on brand model , features to look for and best way to use , over bait or just on a trail? any thoughts thanks in advance
Old 11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default RE: digital trail cam

Need quick shutter speed and long range infared. Try to find a website where they have done the reviews. As i'm finding out with my Moultrir 100, you get what you pay for. Pictures with no deer in it. Or I can walk by at 5 yards and it won't take a picture.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:11 AM

I'd go with a cuddeback. I've had mine for about 2 months and have gotten about 2000 pics. Out of all those only 3 or 4 pics have nothing on them. very fast trigger speed. I've got the 3mp camera and the pictures look real good. Costs a little more than some of the others but it is worth it.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Spike

Matair---You are in the same situation that I was a couple of years ago
when I first tried a camera. We found that there was no information as to the quality and reliability of these cameras. I have purchased most all brand names and have reviewed their function. All the results can be found on my site at www.chasingame.com. As the newer models come out I try to get first in line so that the data is out for all to make good decisions about their purchases. Good Luck Bill
Old 11-04-2005, 07:03 PM

thanks for the input !!!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:14 AM

I also have a Cuddeback, but it just acted up on me and i had to send it back in to the store. I don't know what happened to it, whether it got wet or something. I'll tell you what though, it had great pictures, with a fast triggar speed and with a decent infared range. I think it said up to 30 feet. I can't remember thought i think thats what it is. When I use it i usually set it up on very heavy deer trails. I've never tried putting bait in front of it, but was thinking about it. I know in Pa, your not allowed to put bait out in front of them within 30 days prior to the first day of archary season. Overall i think it is a good camera, but i can't figure out why it acted up on me. Hope you find a good one!
Old 11-05-2005, 08:18 AM

Oh ya, i forgot, here some of the pic's i got from my cuddeback. I don't know what happened on the one fawn, though.

http://homepage.mac.com/stoecklein1/PhotoAlbum18.html

(friends website)
Old 11-05-2005, 09:49 AM

bowwinkles..... very good write-up. i am very undecided on what brand to buy but this informationhelps alot. we need more articleslike these. thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cuddeback gets my vote, I have had one going on 2 years now with almost 6000 pictures and very very little trouble, and great quality pics, maybe one out of 3 or 4 hundred may not have anything on the picture. It has paid for itself over and over again with savings on film, batteries and developing cost, and the best thing there is no 3 or 4 days waiting to see your pictures.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:43 AM

hay strut..... who makes the cuddeback and just wondering where's the best place to buy one.i tried a moultrir 100 this weekend that wal-mart was selling for around $100.00. i don't know about this one. it started out taking good pics. so i set it up on a trail and before i got away from the area it took 64 pics. it went haywire. i am going to return it and try one more. sounds like i should be trying a cuddeback.

Quick Reply: digital trail cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.