Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

digital trail cam

Old 11-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: digital trail cam

I searched all over for reviews on trail cams and found this site.
http://www.hunting-fishing-gear.com/
I went with the Cuddeback C3000by Non-Typical. They are selling at your bigger places like Cabela's and Bass Pro for $399.00.
You can get 1 on Ebay for $319.00 Buy it Now or play the auction game and get 1for a little less.
Should be here today or tomorrow. I went ahead and got a 512 MBCompactflash card as I a have quite a few deer on the property and the bucks should be showing themselves as the rut nears.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Non Typical makes the Cuddeack and Cabelas and BP both sell the new model for around 400, I can buy them from a wholesaler and sell them for about 360+ shipping, but you should be able to beat the 400 if you do some shopping on the net, here is there address.

http://www.cuddebackdigital.com/indexb.html
Old 11-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I've tested seven digital game cameras so far and currently the front runner is the SpyCam. You can read more about the tests and the SpyCam through the link to my site below or go to woodlandspycam.com
Old 11-09-2005, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

stay away (far away) from Stealth digital cams. I have a lot of experience (all bad) with a couple models. first and foremost, the trigger sspeed is absolutley terrible. one example: i can walk, slowly, directly at the cam starting about 40 feet away and the cam will not take pic until I am right at cam or past it!!!!! battery life is crap as well, but the new 12 V system has worked pretty good. 1.3 mp is as bad or worse than the 3 mp model.

funny thing is, why do they come out with newer, higher priced models and not do any upgrades (you can't tell me they can't fix the trigger time???). the3 mp model is basically the same as the 1.3 except it has an LCD screen for viewing, they actually only place stickers over some of theinstructional words. they are a sh!t company, producing a sh!t product.

they do take good pics, just not very many or many with game in them. I will say that their customer service has been rather good - they replaced my 1.3 mp with a 3.0 mp and my dad has had to have 2 cams replaced (I told him to get a cuddeback but he didn't listen). So all to gether between me an my dad we have had 6 cams. I wish I had a cuddeback (and may get one if Stealth will give me a refund on my peice of junk).
Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 PM

hey snoogsdad,have you ever heard of the snap shot sniper?have you tested it?it also has the sony digital cam in it.
whitearrow->>>---------->
Old 11-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Whitearrow,

I have heard of the Snapshotsniper and I talked to the fellow that makes them but I have not tested that unit yet. Since it has the Sony camera in it the pictures should be of a very good quality.

I'm currently testing the Stealth Cam with the 3.0 MP.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback Pictures

Here are the first pictures out of my Cuddeback C3000.
The first night I had a heavy frost that covered the camera lens and pictures were blurred. This night we had snow but pictures look just fine.
I have never seen these bucks till I got these pictures and they only come out at night. Can't wait till the rut to see what lurks around here.
[/url]
[/url]
Old 11-13-2005, 09:47 PM
RMQ

Default RE: Cuddeback Pictures

Great pictures, congrats.
I got my cuddeback for christmas last year and have been addicted to it ever since. Make sure you get 2 flash cards, so you can swap them out with each other as you check it. enjoy!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 PM

Stay away from the Camtrakker Ranger, Not only is the quaility poor but the severice sucks. I returned mine and they charged me 75.00 + the shipping both ways.
I was told before that the charge would be 25.00
Over priced and Poor Quality
Old 11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

heres some trail cam reviews that might help if you searching for a cam

http://www.jesseshunting.com/reviewp...at.php/cat/226

Quick Reply: digital trail cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.