Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris atv's Good or ?

Old 10-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Polaris atv's Good or ?

I did check reviews on Honda's automatic rubicon (per stubblejumper), I really like the auto. It seems thru the reviews though, Honda is still working on an existing problem with the trans.
My rubicon is a 2002 that has seen some hard usuage hauling moose and elk out of rough locations and has been trouble free as have several other rubicons that have been used in the same way.The problems that do crop up are usually do to not changing the oil regularly which is an issue because the engine and transmission use the same oil.

My friend's 450 full time 4w honda is a real bear to handle in tight spots. I found myself constantly backing up and manuvering. The ride was very stiff andfatiging. The Polaris I rode was a scrambler type, not utility.
Did you actually expect a working quad like the 450 to handle with a sport quad like the scrambler?Try comparing the polaris to a rincon which has fully independent suspension and is made for the same uses as a scrambler.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saw an intresting commercial on TV for Arctic Cat. It was being swung by a crane, demolishing a building like a wrecking ball.

Best part was the end when thay said.....3 year full warranty (including optional accessories - that has got to be the best warranty in the business, right?)
Old 10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-18-2005, 08:41 PM

Artic cat is nothing more than a suzuki in artic cat clothing!
ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Saw an intresting commercial on TV for Arctic Cat. It was being swung by a crane, demolishing a building like a wrecking ball.

Best part was the end when thay said.....3 year full warranty (including optional accessories - that has got to be the best warranty in the business, right?)
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 PM

Im a mechanicat a yamaha dealership have worked on atv's sence suzuki came out withthe first 4wheeler in 91 suzuki dealerand the dealer took on polaris mainly watercraft= pos! no longer make watercraft because after 10+ years people quit buying them. The first polaris atv's had engines made by fuji now polaris makes there own engines and a little better but! it seems like its always something wrong now it may take no money or a few dollars to fix but it's always something! After a few years I quit that dealer because of polaris(coustermors always pissed)and went to a yamaha dealership. I still work on all makes but as far as the Yamaha's I never have to do much warranty work I mean VERY SELDOM! Point being when buying atv's buy Japanese! and stay far far away from the korean stuff!

Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM

I HAVE A '99 POLARIS 500 MAGNUM. THE ONLY MONEY I HAVE SPENT ON REPAIRS HAVE BEEN OIL CHANGES, AIR FILTERS, BATTERY, HEAD LAMP, DRIVE BELT AND INNER AND OUTER CLUTCH COVER. THATS IT!
I WILL NOT PUT DOWN OTHER BRANDS BECAUSE I HAVE NOT PUT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF THE OTHER BRANDS- BUT I PROMISE YOU WHEN IT COMES TIME TO GET ANOTHER, I WILL GO TO POLARIS FIRST, W/O HESITATION.
OH, I ALSO HAVE A 2002 325, NOT A MOMENTS PROBLEM WITH IT EITHER. BUT IT BELONGS TOMY BRIDE- DOESN'T HAVE NEAR THE HOURS ON IT.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for Polaris. My 2004 1/2 Sportsman 500 H.O. has never given me any problems since I owned it.Just make sure your in the right gear range, and stay the heck out of deep water!! That will fak up any ATV!! Like my last post, I've ridden the Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki, and I'll take the Polaris overthose three any day. The ride, and AWD feature is #1!!
Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

stay the heck out of deep water!! That will fak up any ATV!!

That depends on your definition of deep water.As longas the water level is below theair intake, wateris not a problem for most ATVs.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

I take my king quad through everything including water when you have to kneel on the seat,and never a problem.
Bill
Old 10-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

I know I'm gonna step on some hands, but when has that ever stopped me?

I am fairly sure that Polaris is Greek for "BIG POS". Sure they have some great "gizmos" and ride great, but that's about the extent of their desirability.
Red, don't they have to actually be running, to ride great?

If you like to spend time on your bike, I hope that you like the scenery of the inside of a repair shop, because thats where you'll be sitting most of the time with a polecat, err I meanPolaris! No, no, I was right the first time! POLECAT!
If you want your money's worth, buy a Honda!

Quick Reply: Polaris atv's Good or ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.