Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scent Lock clothing

Old 11-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Scent Lock clothing

I dont think the clothesare worth the money, however I do occasionally spray on a little bit of the spray. I am not sure if it works or not but I do it anyways, I guess just to know that I tried. Just pay attention to the wind when you are hunting and you should be fine.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:29 PM

Carbon become saturated with scent after time and you cannot recharge it at temperatures that the clothing can stand (400C).

The suits will work for an amount of time that is unknown. When you consider that the suits come from the manufacturer and are hung in a store, you wonder if they are effective straight from the store.

I was considering getting a suit until I researched the science behind it. I also talked to some chemists and was told the same things that I mentioned above. You don't reuse the carbon in your aquarium and you can't reuse the carbon in your garments.

I make sure that I am at least 20, usually 25-30 feet up my stand when I hunt and I have had deer come in downwind and not scent me either. Of course, I always hunt the wind - but deer movements are never exact.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

Scent-Loc
Been bow hunting for 13 years now and have worn scent -loc for 3 of those years. I wear the Savanna one peice suit and swear by it, with the Savanna full head cover. With out the head coveryou might as well walk in with nothing on.
I have on at least 4 occasions have had to leave but was unwilling too because of deer in my area. The wind was blowing to them so I tried to see if this scent-loc really works ,so I put it to the test. In the dark with deer with in 40 yards of my location and downwind of me. I took of my headcover and with in a few seconds that it took the wind to carry my scent from my head to the deer theywere on full alert and then of and running.
That's with out even seeing a human or movement,so yes I know that the scent-loc works and we ashunters need to have faith in what were using and wearing. Another tip is to pull your scent-loc over top of your rubber boots so as to not let the air get pushed up out of your boot into the air. When the pantleg is tucked into the boot it allows the air to escape upthe boot and up and out into the airwayswith each step you take .Hope this has been of some help and good luck hunting.
Youngfart
Old 12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

i think the scent lok works and gives you an advatage to a point. i don't think it makes you 100% invisible when talking about scent. i tend to sweat a little more during bow season when i were mine. i use the scent inhibitor soap before every hunt. i also us bacterial inhibitor sprays/deodorants. all my nonscent lok clothes are washed in scentless soap before every hunt. in the off season next year i'm going to test just how much i can get away with when not using scent lok clothing. if you got the money just buy a light pair on sale, say coveralls. you can get deals now that deer season is almost over you just have to look. i will say this though i have had instances were the deer have gotten reeally close to me. twice i could have spit on them, no lie.