Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Quiet Camcorders

Old 09-29-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Quiet Camcorders

I have two stepsons that hunt and they've been wanting to film their hunts.
They took my camcorder out but when they turned it on it made a loud beep and when it sat idle it went in to standby and when it goes off standby it makes a loud beep. I am wanting to get them a new one for their birthday.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a quiet camcorder?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Quiet Camcorders

I would definitely choose a digital that records directly to a memory card. There is no sound of tapes reeling and I'm sure there is a selection on almost all cameras that let you turn the alert sounds off. Another upside to digital is that you can download the clips to your computer and edit them all you want. They may be a little more expensive, but definitely worth the money.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mine is real quite. I never used it. Wife bought it 2 years ago and I did not want her to buy me anything.So i packed it away.Dont even remember where it is. I never here it,LOL
Old 10-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one of the Samsung digital models. It makes a slight whirring sound when it is turned on but that is about it. I doubt that it is audible from more than a few feet away.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:56 PM

I have one of the older sony TRV models and it's not noisy....the only noise is opening the shutter, but I have never spooked a deer with it....I just leave the shutter open once I get to the stand....no beeps on mine. I would agree, get one that records on a cd....and the higher the optical zoom the better.....don't get duped with the high digital zooms. Optical of 20x or 25x is pretty good.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a sony handicam hc-21. I used some camo tape to put over it, and i covered up the little speaker that made a beep when i turned it on, but thats the only beep it makes.

I put my thumb over it as well when i turn it on, and you cant hear it at all.

i haveit on a tri-pod with a remote so i can record and zoom without touching the camera. It works prett well...

you can check out my first hunting video i made....its alittle shakey..
http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php?photo=1749&sort=2&cat=507&am p;page=1
Old 10-15-2005, 07:23 PM

In August I bought a Panasonic PV-GS 150 for about $450 and the extra kit w/ 6 hour battery, deluxe case, SB card, lens, care kit, 5 DV tapes for an extra $120.

It's a great little camera - the picture is just so crisp and clear.

20X Optical Zoom.

There's a little beep when turned on but not audible enough for anything further tha 3 feet away to hear.

Noise-free operation.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 PM

i have a sony handicam seems to be realy quite ive taken it on a few coyote hunts with success so this camcorder is quite
Old 10-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a 3 year old sony 8mm . it has a function in the menu that you can turn off the beeps. if you like your camera save your money. if its only the beeps that are noisey what i do is set the camera to the mode that allows it to record the longest i thinks 2 hours. i just let it record the whole time im in the stand. this method doesnt work for an all day hunt but if you hunt the first 2 hours in the morning or the last couple hours of the day it works out good. if i see nothing i just rewind and re-use the tape.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a good i dea liquidorange. If you do that, then the only thing you might want to purchase is a battery that will last that long. I know that the batter i have for me camer only last about 80 min.

Quick Reply: Quiet Camcorders

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.