Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

????? CLIMBING STAND ???????

Old 09-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Default RE: ????? CLIMBING STAND ???????

I just got a Summit yesterday and love it. They are BIG on safety and most of them comes with a harness. Its is very easy to use but it is a little heavy for a long hike.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

More useful information. Thank you to all who have responded.It looks like I'm going to make my final decision in the next couple of days. Any more useful information would be grealy appreciated.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used the Treelounges for many years.Treelounges new version really soured me.I read about the Gunslingers on another site.Almost everyone praised them.I had to give one a try.For the last couple of years that's all I've used.As far as I know they don't have a web site. Contact them and they will send you a brochure.They have a couple different models and weight capacities.It would be worth checking in to.I have two of the Gunslingers 350#. You face the tree. I didn't think I would like that. It proved to work to my advantage.You can use the tree for a rest or the back of the seat as a shooting rail.Both armrests give you great support for steadying your rifle.The only negitive thing I can say is they come unpainted.They take a few times putting them on the tree to get use to it. Once you do it a few times it becomes very easy.Not sure what they cost now.Mine were 239.00 a couple years ago.Money well spent.Another thing I like they are bolted together and not welded. If a part needs to be replaced there's no cutting welds. They are really well designed.
JRH Sport Industries.Inc.
6550 S.R.16
St. Augustine FL.32092
(904) 940-3381

Ruger Redhawk
Old 10-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Ruger. I'll look into the Gunslingers.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're welcome.I've seen the Gunslinger's at a few of the hunting shows in Georgia and Florida.I hunt in GA. I've seen dozens of them in back of hunters trucks.It's to late now. JRH runs a special on them from Jan 1st to April 30th.The other model is the Combow.I sat in one at the show. Very comfortable but was a little small for me. My knee's were touching the front bar.The Combow you face away from the tree.Get the brouchure and you'll see what I'm talking about.I think you'll be impressed with them.I'm 5'11" and about 260#'s. I have plenty of room in the Gunslingers.I've never had the slightest slip and have used them in heavy rain. They hold the tree well.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 10-05-2005, 06:41 AM
Spike

I upgraded to a summit climbing stand last year and I absolutely love it! It's the most comfortable of my 4 stands.
Just keep in mind that the more bells and whistles you add (foot rest for example) will add to the weight, and you mentioned a concern about weight.