Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas Titan Hunting Tripod

Old 09-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Titan Hunting Tripod

Well, I ordered the Cabelas Titan tripod. I ordered the 15-17 version, which is basically the 13-15 foot model, with the 2 foot extensions that you can seperately added to the mix.

Came in 6 boxes , the heaviest being the legs, and weighed 110 lbs. Loaded them up in the K5, and headed to the hunting lease.

We messed up on the assembly, assuming that we would build the stand, then add the extensions to the ends of the legs...WRONG. They go in the middle (which really does make more sense strength-wise, but pain in the butt that we didn't see it until we had the tripod complete)...so we had to dissamble the legs and braces, add the 2 foot extensions and extra bracing. I wish I read taken the time to read the entire set of directions before starting, but that would have made it too easy .

The tripod seems VERY well constructed. I believe the legs are 1 5/8 " tubing. Everything fit together nicely, and is solid as a rock.

A guy in our club bought a local made stand for $250 a couple years ago, saying that it was a better deal than the store bought stands. I agree with that after looking at the tripods in that price range (like the strong-built ones).... but this stand blows those away. It's much, much nicer. I'm very pleased with my purchase.