Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Question on the Hunter’s View Buddy Stand

Old 09-15-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Question on the Hunter’s View Buddy Stand

I want to take my son bear hunting this weekend and was looking at the Hunter’s View Buddy Stand so I could be in the stand with him. We’re going to be about 200-300 yards from the truck and be in the stand for at least 4 hours. This stand weighs 78 pound and takes about 15 minutes to set up. Is this practical to use where I’ll be taking it right down after the hunt? Does anyone have any experience with these stands?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question on the Hunter’s View Buddy Stand

Five, IMO I think that kind of stand should be put up abouta weekbefore
the hunt.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have the 12 foot version from wally world. its way heavy so i would set it up a couple days before. if you cant maybe a nice 2 man pop up blind will be better for a youngster.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Spike

I just bought two hunterview buddy stands for my son and myself, one for bear hunting and one for whitetail hunting and we are 100% happy with them. We carried the stands in about 500 yards. I carried the top portion while my 11 year old son carried the ladder portion. It was no problem at all. you and your son will appreciate this stand,good luck hunting
Old 09-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

I have two of these stands for my grandsons, they work great! In cold weather I slide a Ameristep outhouse blind over them and keeps them out of the elements, fits perfect.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

In cold weather I slide a Ameristep outhouse blind over them and keeps them out of the elements, fits perfect.
I never would have thought of that , and I own an Outhouse™ blind !

I've been looking at this particular ladder stand with an eye toward getting one or two for my grandkids to hunt with me , I think you guys have just sold me . I have many Ameristep products and have been very pleased with them .
Old 09-26-2005, 02:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: Roger46982

In cold weather I slide a Ameristep outhouse blind over them and keeps them out of the elements, fits perfect.
I never would have thought of that , and I own an Outhouse™ blind !

I've been looking at this particular ladder stand with an eye toward getting one or two for my grandkids to hunt with me , I think you guys have just sold me . I have many Ameristep products and have been very pleased with them .
Works great if you get it on early enough for the deer to get used to it. I was lucky enough to be in the blind with both my Grandsons when they harvested their first deer, a 8pt. on opening day with a shotgun and a big doe the second day with a .50 cal. Will never forget it!!!!!!!