Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabela's X-Static Clothing

Old 09-12-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Cabela's X-Static Clothing

Anybody tried this yet? Does it keep you scent free? A big concern for me is the silver fibers woven in the fabric. Sounds to me like this might make you a walking lighting rod. Last thing I need on a big hunt is my hair standing on end.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cabela's X-Static Clothing

I've seen the X-static stuff in our local Academy Sporting Goods. I don't know that silver is a conductor of electricity, but I would be more worried about a 22 inch barrell on my rifle being a lightning rod (assuming you gun hunt). One of the things that would worry me about the X-static stuff is that one of it's selling points is that it can be used to keep you warm. I bow hunt in the early season in Arkansas when it can get up over 90 and I don't need to be warm. Price wise, if I was going to try scent control, I might go for the X-static stuff.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cabela's X-Static Clothing

I have the Cabelas Xstatic Tech Silk weight undies and I really like them. I believe they are very effective at reducing scent and they are also a pure pleasure to wear in the stand. They also do relatively well at insulating body heat. I wear mine from early season right through to when it starts to drop into the low 30's.