Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

FEEDBACK- L/WOLF SIT N STAND CLIMBER

Old 09-05-2005, 05:38 PM

Default FEEDBACK- L/WOLF SIT N STAND CLIMBER

I AM SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN PURCHASINGA SIT N STAND. I HAVE PREVIOUSLY OWNEDA HAND CLIMBERAND LIKE IT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE COMFORT OF THE SEAT SO I SOLD IT. IT SEEMS THIS INNOVATION SHOULD CURETHAT.I COULD USE FEEDBACK ON:

1-DO THE SEAT STRAPS ALLOW ADJUSTING THE SEAT UP OR DOWN?
2- HOW COMFORTABLE IS THE SEAT?
3- HOW EASY IS IT TO STEP OUT OF SHOOTING RAIL / CLIMBING SEAT IN ORDER TO FOLD IT OUT OF THE WAYWHEN BOWHUNTING?
3- WILL THE SHOOTING RAIL / CLIMBING SEAT FOLD BACK AGAINST TREE SO IT IS TOTALLY OUT OF THE WAY?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: FEEDBACK- L/WOLF SIT N STAND CLIMBER

Hello
I had first bought the lone wolf hand climber. I love the lone wolf climber, the best of five climbers that I have owned. Since I'm an old fart, who was out of shape,the physical work to ascend with the hand climber was quite taxing. I then ordered the top portion of the lone wolf sit-n-climb. Which is so much easier ascending the tree. Without sweating one can easily reach 20 feet.
The seat straps easily allow the seat portion to adjust to different heights from the main platform just the way the hand climber did. I never had a problem with the hand climber seat being uncomfortable and I normally will sit from dawn to dusk in the same tree days on end during the rut. However the sit-n-climb stands seat portion works awesome for the climb, but after that point in my opinion it becomes in the way. Its comfortable, but you lose some flexibility as it seems to limit your shooting in some directions. On hunts that I plan on being in the tree only a couple of hours, I'll stand and have the seat portion fastened to the opposite side of the tree (out of the way) than the platform portion is. On hunts that I plan staying all day, I pack a lightweight strap on seat in a duffel bag I carry attached to the stand and again fasten the top climbing portion of the stand to the backside of the tree.
The sit-n-climb stand also works well if you don't have the platform angle set properly for the height from which you wish to huntandwant to change it. You can sit in the seat, draw the platform up with your feet and then adjust the web belt to level the platform out.
Happy Hunting
Dan