Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Zeiss Conquest

Old 09-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Spike

Default RE: Zeiss Conquest

I can send anyone buying a zeiss a rebate for $25. You need to have bought a zeiss product from a dealer, have the receipt, cost over $500, the UPC code and bought it within 8 weeks of sending in the coupon. No cost to you, just let me know that you want one and I will send it to you.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the opinions folks. I have not been able to check them until today because of the hurricane. I was finally able to get a phone line today to hook my lap top up. We still do not have power but we are still here which is more than can be said for a lot of people. Please keep everyone in Ms and La in your prayers.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Spike

I am in a position to offer to anyone that buys a zeiss a rebate form worth $25. You need to buy the zeiss from a dealer, over $500, have the receipt, a UPC code and within 8 weeks of sending in the rebate. No strings attached, contact me and I will send you the coupon. I get credit from Zeiss for doing this.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:48 PM
PLB

A bolt fan,

Sorry to hear about the situation in the Southeast. I hope you are well.

As for the scope. Personally, I only use my scope for 30 seconds or so...to shoot my target. Thus, I look for a scope that is reliable and then I usethe extra money to purchase a top of the line binocular like Swarovski, Leica, etc.to find the game/target. The Nikon Monoarch is a very reliable scope and fits that bill well.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm another very satisfied owner of Zeiss Conquest scopes.Onein particular isa 3-9x40 that I purchased when they first came out,about 5 years ago.It sits on my .300 Weatherby Sako and has been hunted with and tossed around pretty hard.I've probably put a good 750 rounds or so (I've lost track)through that rifle since I mounted the Conquest on it andthe scopehasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

Another thing I'd like to say aboutZeissis that their service is excellent. I had a 4.5-14x44 that got damaged when I accidentally let my rifle fall to the pavement while I was at a local shooting range. The scope got bunged up pretty good, so I sent it to Zeiss's service facility hoping they'd be able to repair it. I expected to receive a letter, phone call or e-mail from them telling me what needed to be done and how much it would cost. Instead, exactly one week from the day I sent the scope out, a brand new replacement scope was delivered to my house and I wasn't charged a dime (except for the $5 or $6 it cost me to ship it to them).

So, based on my experience with the Conquests and the way the company treated me, I look to Zeiss first when considering a new scope purchase.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Solitary Man

I'm another very satisfied owner of Zeiss Conquest scopes.Onein particular isa 3-9x40 that I purchased when they first came out,about 5 years ago.It sits on my .300 Weatherby Sako and has been hunted with and tossed around pretty hard.I've probably put a good 750 rounds or so (I've lost track)through that rifle since I mounted the Conquest on it andthe scopehasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

Another thing I'd like to say aboutZeissis that their service is excellent. I had a 4.5-14x44 that got damaged when I accidentally let my rifle fall to the pavement while I was at a local shooting range. The scope got bunged up pretty good, so I sent it to Zeiss's service facility hoping they'd be able to repair it. I expected to receive a letter, phone call or e-mail from them telling me what needed to be done and how much it would cost. Instead, exactly one week from the day I sent the scope out, a brand new replacement scope was delivered to my house and I wasn't charged a dime (except for the $5 or $6 it cost me to ship it to them).

So, based on my experience with the Conquests and the way the company treated me, I look to Zeiss first when considering a new scope purchase.

DITTO!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:21 PM

Try to Find a Docter Optik 3-9x40 1" tube scope. The Factory was the Zeiss factoryon the east side of berlin before the wall came down.You used to see thier optics for sale in Europe and to a lesser extent, here under the name "Carl Zeiss Jenna or Aus Jenna.Now they sell all manner of optics, including scopes and binocs as Docter Optik. IMHO quality of the docter optics surpasses the Conquest series. And they are entirely made in Germany which the Conquest is not. The coatings are about one level back from the quality of the current high end zeiss (Diavari series) and are above the quality of hte conquest.
Mine Docter 3x9 cost me $369.99 delivered. It has been on my lightweight .300 win mag for 3 years and about 500 rounds. No problems. Clear and bright and built like a tank. Lifetime warrenty. But a bit difficult to find. Do a search for Docter OPtik. Or try a company called Arizona air guns
Like i say, Not as good as the "Real" Zeiss Diavari or Swaro PH. Maybe not quite as good as the IOR Valdada 2.5x10x42 either. But cheaper. And you have the cool factor of having a scope no one else has (unless you hunt in Europe or Africa where these scopes are popular)
okcmco
PS the 30MM series is incredible but I believe is about 550 starting price.
Also check out Meopta 2000 and 3000 series from the 80 year old Czech optics company Meopta

Old 09-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I currently have 5 Conquests (3 4-14's, 2 6.5-20's and am waiting on a set of 12x45 binos) and highly recommend them. I have never had a Nikon but have had Tascos, Simmons, Burris, and many Leupolds that don't compare to the Conquest. I still have a few Leupolds but am replacing them with Conquests as the check book allows. They are well worth the extra money.