Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

'scentlock' ???

Old 09-18-2005, 08:37 PM

Default RE: 'scentlock' ???

wast of money.my buddy shoots deer and so do i without spending the money i can think of lots other things to spend the money on.the biggest buck my buddy shot he was haveing a smoke at the time and was in his greasy work cloths.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:16 AM

I BELEIVE IN IT, I USE SCENT LOC PRODUCTS TO BATH AND SHOWER.. I ALSO HAVE A SCENT LOC JACKET AND A BASE LAYER PANTS . IK ILLED TWO 8 POINT BUCKS IN LATE SEASON 2003 BOTH FRROM GROUND STAND AT 50 YARDS ,THEY NEVER ONCE NEW I WAS THERE, ONE HAD 21 INCH SPREAD ,THE OTHER WAS A TALL RACK 18 INCH SPREAD. QUITE A ACCOMPLISHMENT I THINK,, LOOKING TO BUY SOME SCENT LOC BIBS REAL SOON. BOTH THESE BUCKS IN SAME WEEK FROM THE SAME STAND
Old 09-24-2005, 11:28 AM

YES DEER SOMETIMES DO STUPID THINGS, BUT NORMALLY THAT BIG BUCK IS USING THAT NOSE , AND U NEED EVERY ADVANTAGE U CAN GET. HE DID NOT GET BIG BY BEING STUPID. AND I WILL TELL U A OLD DOE WILL WIND U JUST AS QUICK OR QUICKER THAN THAT BUCK. BUCKS AFTER DOE S WILL DO SOME STUPID TRICKS... KIND OF LIKE SOME MEN
Old 09-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Combine the cheap suit with some even cheaper homemade scent killer and you've got an affordable, but very effective, scent control solution.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:01 AM

I think that some people may be confusing scent lok with scent elimination. If you don't go the full nine yards your only as good as your weekest link right? In other words, if I use my wifes shampoo and my dial soap, but then expect a scent blocking suit (manufactured or military) to remove that perfume you just put on your kidding yourself. For any of these scent minimizing products to work you have to use scent free cleaning products (on yourself and the suit) and then make sure that you are enclosed head to toe. Including either tight boots or scent minimizing socks and most importantly a scent hood. I read somewhere that 40% of our scent comes from our head (including breath) and feet. Just my $.02