Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Holster Makes Noise

Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Holster Makes Noise

Uncle Mike's Holster
Hey'
I just put my Super Red Hawk 44, in the Uncle Mike's hip holster for the first time.
The Holster has the adjustable safty strap that goes across, and snaps.
The only bad thing is that when you unsnap the strap,this makes a loud poping sound.I know this would ran every deer out in the woods if you were to try to unsnap the strap, and draw the gun out of the holster.
What can a person do about this noise?
And what are some of the better holster's for a Super Red Hawk 44 it's without a scope now but latter it will have one on it.
THANK'S
Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Holster Makes Noise

That Uncle Mike's holster is the biggest piece of garbage ever. I bought a concealed rig from them, and they might as well have made it out of sandpaper courdoroy and jingle bells. IT SUCKS!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:23 AM

Normally, when I carry my SRH for hunting, I carry it scoped. That said, I use a holster on my chest vs a hip holster and I've stitched a small piece of velcro in front of the strap. When I get set up on stand, I simply unsnap the strap and leave the velcro tap attached. This helps keep the gun in place while moving around but the tab of velcro doesn't make enongh noise to scare game unless they're directly under/beside me. This has worked great for many years. Just have to remember to resnap before climbing down.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:43 PM

I have a nylon safariland holster for a super redhawk that doesnt accomodate my scope, Id be willing to sell it or trade for a holster that will accomodate the scope, mines a .454 with 7 1/2 inch barrel. I dont like the plastic holsters for field use, I think youd either be better off with a nylon or leather rig, I prefer dead horse myself.