Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Digital Trailcam faceoff!

Old 08-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Digital Trailcam faceoff!

I just set up the Cuddeback 3.0, and the picture quality is more than good enough to satisfy my needs and I think it's really easy to operate. I haven't got any wildlife oncamera yet,but I get a good photoof myself each time I go check it! I tested it in the yard and I'm pretty impressed with how quick I can walk by and still get caught on camera. I'm pleased thus far. Thanks for all the comments good or bad. Take Care.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ilcornfed, what does the nighttime photos from the LR look like, I have a Cuddeback but would like another camera one of these days and I would sure consider the LR since they are about the same money.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

I can pick a couple of pictures from any of the six trailcams that I have used and make that camera look real good or real bad. I like to look at how all of the pictures look each time I download them. There are some cameras that struggle in certain lighting conditions. I've gotten pictures with them where I can tell there is a deer there but couldn't tell you much about it. I've also gotten pictures that were all black or all white. There are other cameras that seldom take a bad picture.

They will all suffice for rough scouting purposes, some just give you a better picture and more good pictures.

Have a good season.

John
Old 08-18-2005, 07:21 AM

Here's my first pic with the cuddeback, I'm pleased so far. I had the flash on standard distance, bumpedit up to longrange to see if it makes anydiff. Youthink he's trying to tell me something? Thanks forall the posts.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Last year I purchased and used a LEAF RIVER digital. i have been very happy with it, except that the wakeup/trigger speed is about 5 seconds. So this camera DOES NOT work well on a trail.

But if set up on a food plot, mineral lick, bait pile, it works just great. Operates well in the cold N.W. winter. (I left it out for about 25 days in Dec 04, Jan 05 and it worked fine until that MAJOR cold front came thru in mid Jan. Didn't lose any of the pics, it just shut itself off.

Here are some pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/421379033ESonub

I did NOT pick and choose what photos to upload, I just uploadeda bunch of the ones I got last fall, except for some from the FIRST time I had it out, and I had the white balance setting all screwed up.)

All in all, I like my LEAF RIVER a lot, but it sure looks like the Cuddleback has nice pics too, and I like the security features and supposedly faster wake up speed.

I also just got a SNAPSHOT SNIPER, and will be putting that out in the next few days. I will post some of those photos in a few weeks.