Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Digital Trail Cam Comparison

Old 07-28-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Digital Trail Cam Comparison

Which should I get the Cuddeback or the Leaf River? I'm stuck on these 2. Which one has the better features and why? Where is the cheapest price on the net? Thanks for all the info... Oh yeah, I'm upgrading from the original Stealth Cam. $59.99 special. hahaha
Old 07-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Digital Trail Cam Comparison

I personally would go with the Cuddeback. You can get one of their last year's model, 1.3Meg cameras for 299.99 at Cabela's. This year'snew Cuddeback is a 3.0Meg camera and is 399.99. I own aLeaf River digitaland my uncle owns a Cuddeback and the Cuddeback takes a much better picture IMO. Also the trigger time on the Leaf River is much slower than the Cuddeback, so I getsome pictures with 1/2 a deer as it walks past.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 07-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had 2 Cuddebacks and now use 2 Leaf Rivers. The LR's are MUCH better cams, from general set-up, control lay-out and ease of operation to the actual image quality.

Here are some nice LR samples for ya... the Cuddebacks can't compare!

Old 07-30-2005, 08:03 PM

What type of Security features does the Leaf River have? How is the Cuddeback security? They say the person would have to cut down a tree to get it. Is the Leaf River like this too? Thanks so far for the suggestions and examples. Keep them coming. Still going to try to get some more intake from people.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I would get the Penn's Woods with the 4.1 megapixel camera, Nature Qwest or Snapshot Sniper. These three cameras are all much better than the cheaper ones. The picture quality is much better.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool test you did there cornfed. I've always been really impressed with your LR photos. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and get one for this fall. Do you know if the 05 models with the faster trigger speed are out yet?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:23 AM

http://www.woodlandos.com./Products.html#game%20cameras

This is a camera I purchased several weeks ago. Dont know how it would campair in Cornfed's test, but it has a sony 4.1 mega pix camera, I believe it would hang in there with the Leaf River. If you are going to spend in upwards of 400.00 it is worthy of looking at. If I knew how to send pictures I would attach some. Every time I try to drag one onto the message I loose all of the message? Nice Bow Cornfed.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The LR features a Lock Bar but I prefer to replace the lock bar with the MasterLok Pyton that is perfectlysizedfor the holes and secures the LR to the tree better that any other method you'll find! Here's a pic of one of my LR's secire to the tree.

The newer faster Infared Leaf Rivers have not been shipped out yet. My buddy Mike (LR Dealer) said he has them ordered but none have been shipped yet. Here is the pic of the new IR model.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have one with a 4.1 Sony and I also have a Leaf River. The cam with the 4.1 Sony has much, much, much better picture quality. It is worth it.

John

Quick Reply: Digital Trail Cam Comparison

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.