Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

light stick not working

Old 07-07-2005, 10:12 AM

Default light stick not working

I just wanted everyone to know that the light sticks that most of us bring into the woods have a shelf life on them. I am not sure what it is, but I found out last night when my boy wanted to play with one. It didn't light up. I went through 4 before getting one to light. They ranged in age from 1 year to several. If you must have light, I recommend new.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:57 PM

Default RE: light stick not working

Thanks stinkbelly, I have half a dozen or so that are 1-11/2 years old. Guess I better check mine. I also use mine to mark my kill . I pop a red one and hang it where my game is and it makes it a whole lot easier and faster finding it when your going back at night to get the rest of your meat.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Old 07-09-2005, 12:17 PM
XTP

.....cool !!...I still like a chem light to mark an animal though as I can see it from any direction and once on,it stays on(no batteries to worry about).and the local dollar store sell a 6" chemlight (8 hour) for only a buck so they are cheap enough.. That said, I think I'll get one for my quad which I like to hide in the bush when I leave it...would make finding it after dark alot easier without having to leave it showing where others could see it too.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 PM

Sorry jersey,light sticks are cheaper and easier to pack
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just broke a cem light stick to see if it still worked .
It did.
The ones I have are ARMY issue that a freind got me .
I think it was 4-5 years old.

Maybe the cheap ones at the dollar store and some surpluss stores are not as good ??
Sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes the cheap one is just as good.

I have 2 of these to hang on the tree over the stand.http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0026451416653a&navAction=push&am p;navCount=3&indexId=cat20057&podId=002645 1&catalogCode=QS&parentId=cat20057&par entType=index&rid=&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen% 2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&hasJS= true
But the Cem light sticks are easy to pack

Johnch