Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

WHEW! what is that funky smell?

Old 06-05-2005, 07:24 PM

Default WHEW! what is that funky smell?

I don't care who you are, the fact is, the majority of us need to shower eventually. Has anyone used the "Zodi Shower" ? I generally stay out in the field for two weeks and have really grown tired of sponge baths...
I am curious if anyone had used these, they look pretty slick.

http://www.zodi.com/web-content/Cons...velshower.html

thanks for the feedback
Old 06-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Default RE: WHEW! what is that funky smell?

It looks interesting but the $ is too much for me. Wouldn't the shower bag option be a little more economical?
Old 06-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

If you're a slave to comfort and don't mind packing in the extra weight then it might be for you . Other than give you a 10 minute shower instead of a 5 minute shower it really doesn't do anything than a much lighter solar shower will . In fact , you could pack in 2 solar showers , one to get wet and one to rinse at far less encumbrance than a Zodiā„¢ .
Old 06-06-2005, 06:20 AM

How much sun do you need to heat the water in a solar bag?
Being from the not so sunny state of Washington i guess i'm a little skeptical of solar anything.

thanks for the replies
Old 06-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wyzeguy9

How much sun do you need to heat the water in a solar bag?
Being from the not so sunny state of Washington i guess i'm a little skeptical of solar anything.

thanks for the replies
About 3-4 hours . Hang it before first light and you'll be able to take a shower when you get back from your stand . They will heat up to a comfortable temp even on cloudy days .
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 PM

I'm from the Idaho Panhandle - there is almost no way you can heat up one of those bags during rifle season out here. It's either cold, or it's cold and cloudy. They just don't heat up that well.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

I'm from the Idaho Panhandle - there is almost no way you can heat up one of those bags during rifle season out here. It's either cold, or it's cold and cloudy. They just don't heat up that well.
They don't work well when temps drop much below 60 degrees , but you can always use them as a reservoir and heat water over the campfire . Showering outdoors during very cold temps is usually a bad idea anyway .
Old 06-07-2005, 02:53 PM

I used something like the one you show in the picture on a remote bear hunt this May in Alberta. We used water from the river which was very cold, filled up a garbage can and in a few minutes had HOT water. I believe the one we used had 2 burners, and the weather was not really cold. As long as there was water in the garbage can & propane in the tanks we had hot water

I would recommend the use for a "hunting" shower

good luck
Old 06-14-2005, 06:16 AM

The camp site where I hunt does not have water and a buddy of mine uses that thing and he swears by it. I use a cypress head behind my tent..till it dries up..then go home bout once a wk.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:13 PM

Iguess i'll have to bite the bullet and buy one
probably a two burner one ... it sounds like the wife the wife is planning on borrowing it to use on a couple of the horses as well.
thanks for the replies...

Quick Reply: WHEW! what is that funky smell?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.