Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Refurbished scopes

Old 05-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default Refurbished scopes

In my local area there is a dealer that carries Nikon optics. He has the Monarch UCC 3-9X40 listed at $269.99. He has like 3 of this model left that are factory refurbishments. His price on the 3 is $199.99 each. I was wondering if anyone has purchased any type of refurbished scope before and your results? It comes with the same warranty as the new scopes and a $70 savings is considerable on this item.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:48 AM

Default RE: Refurbished scopes

i work in sales for a company that wholesales hunting and fishing tackle. we have some items that have been refurbished and some times they are better than new. more than likely the scope has a life time warranty so how can you lose. also i have more experience of a new scope going down before a scope that has been ref. if the scope goes down during hunting season go back to the same dealer and see what kind of deal he can make you untill you get your scope back from the manu.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen these refurbs many times. I've never tried one. Supposedly they are back to factory new . Maybe scratched or cosmetic flaws.. They come with the same warranty as far as I know.If you can live with thecosmetic appearance I think it's a good deal..I see Natchez has allot of refurbs.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 06-29-2005, 04:42 PM

I have bought a few factory refurbished items from natchez. I bought a 3-9x40 buckmaster and nikon binoculars and a bushnell scout rangefinder. They all seem as good as new with no visible blemishes. I don't believe you get the same warranty. The nikon stuff has a 90 day warranty instead of 25 years. The rangefinder came with a one year warranty instead of a two year.