Community
Hunting Dogs Still looking for that perfect hunting companion? Well look no further, you've come to the right place.

Looking for silver or charcoal lab

Old 04-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for silver or charcoal lab

cwq,

There certainly a few that are being bred for hunting and point. And from wht i've heard, they are pretty darned good. I think that you'll have to agree though that the majority don't fit into that category.

It wasn't my article -- I merely provided a link to an article. I'd appreciate links to the articles that you mentioned. I'm not too old to learn nor am I so set in my ways that I couldn't be convinced to change my mind.

I do wonder though why we aren't seeing Silvers or Charcoals getting titles in Hunt Tests or Field Trials. Don't get your panties in a wad -- I'm just asking a question.

As for GSPs, I know nothing about them.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:49 PM

HOW many charcoals and silvers do you see period?!?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:52 PM

Why do you always have to be a critic. Your just one of those guys who likes to hear himself talk.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:32 PM

cwg, who do you think you are coming on here and acting like it is You who knows everythign ther is to know? Doc has been here for a long time providing alot of useful information, you have been on here for 30 posts and have read nothing good about what you wrote.

doc knows alot about labs and i would take his word over yours any day
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JimmyMo32

cwg, who do you think you are coming on here and acting like it is You who knows everythign ther is to know? Doc has been here for a long time providing alot of useful information, you have been on here for 30 posts and have read nothing good about what you wrote.

doc knows alot about labs and i would take his word over yours any day
Hahaha I love it. I was gonna say somethin but didn't want to be the first. Well said and I'll leave it at that. WCL
Old 04-10-2007, 10:24 PM

I have read everything there is on these dogs, thats why i forked out 2500 on two of them. there people go again with their assumptions that are completely false.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cwgtahoe

I have read everything there is on these dogs, thats why i forked out 2500 on two of them. there people go again with their assumptions that are completely false.
Then how do you expect to get one for $400 to $500 ?
If you have "read everything there is on these dogs", you should already be aware of that.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats why i forked out 2500 on two of them.
Why don't you just breed them -- or are the same sex?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doc E

thats why i forked out 2500 on two of them.
Why don't you just breed them -- or are the same sex?

Doc, your talkin about the wrong guy. pj hunts is the one looking to buy. cwgtahoe is just a guy who came into here with his panties all in a bundle for some odd reason looking to start an arguementbybashing people instead of stating his opinion and what he knows about silvers in a respectful and non-confrontational maner so i figured I might as wellreturn the favor.I don't see why he keeps rippin intoyou when your posts in response to himhavebeen very respectful and with no confrontational intent to them. Some people just don't get it I guess. O-well. Have a good day sir. WCL
Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess you would know then that they aren't an excepted color of the labrador breed then and there for are not truely considered a lab and that is where the whole not being able to register forhunt test and trials comes in. I'm sure they are great hunters as Ibeleive that all hunting dogs "have it". I'd like to have a silver one day too but I won't pay 2500 for one so I'll prolly never have one... Well as long as a person is happy with there stuff, with all the bs and opinions to the side, thats all that matters when the day is done. Have a good one. WCL

Quick Reply: Looking for silver or charcoal lab

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.