Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Baiting hogs

Old 03-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

I've never had success at attempts to "quick bait" hogs. Typically it takes several days for them to find bait, if there's anything left after the deer and raccoons work it over. I always have to constantly refresh the bait pile, or set up a feeder.

Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2016, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Old Smoke
Nuoc Mam. There are not any Vietnamese markets in this part of Buba Country, but I'll give a look see.

Thansk.
Any Asian market carries fish sauce. Nuoc Mam is fish sauce. Water, sugar and some spices are added when used as a condiment.

Make your own with some fish sauce and sugar. Fish sauce is just fish,shrimp or squid plus salt and water left in the sun to ferment.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-12-2016 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Spike

I appreciate all the advise. Darn rain started up again I still have not gotten a days hog hunting.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

I appreciate all the advise. Darn rain started up again I still have not gotten a days hog hunting.
Heck that is when it's time to get to hunting. I drive around looking for fresh tracks crossing the road and slip in on foot and pop one or two.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:36 AM
Spike

My spot is in a flood zone. Right now it is under 2 to 3 feet of water. Once it stops raining for 3-days it'll be perfect.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

My spot is in a flood zone. Right now it is under 2 to 3 feet of water. Once it stops raining for 3-days it'll be perfect.

Haha that's not rain that's a monsoon! we have places like that as well down here. Most the decent places i hunt I travel through a few feet of water to get to. I've had to bump gators out of my way in plenty of the swamps down here.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Peanut butter works well, but it will also attract a lot of other varmits too.

But the best non-commercial bait a hog-removal guy I knew used was a mix of corn, chocolate syrup and strawberry Jell-O powder buried 18" down in a posthole. Leave a few bits on top to get their interest...I bet hogs would root up a blacktop road to get at that stuff.

Once you get'em used to coming to a feed site, make a "pig pipe". Chain it to a tree, fill it with corn and they'll knock it around for a long time.

Last edited by JoeA; 03-30-2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo