Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Florida Hog Hunting

Old 01-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Spike

Default Florida Hog Hunting

I'm about to give it up.

I'm retired, live in NE Florida (grew up in Florida as well) and have been hunting all my life. I have been hunting mostly in the numerous WMAs around the state and, in the past, have enjoyed it and had good success.

Last few years though things seem, to me at least, to be changing. I am encountering way too many hunters armed like Rambo and, at times, the WMA sounds like a free fire zone in Vietnam. Last year I had a round come through the trees about 5' over my head. Not fun at all and caused way to many flash backs.

What I would like to find is someone who has a hunting lease to share, hunt club with experienced and level headed members or a land owner with a nuisance hog problem. As I said earlier, I am retired so my hunting is mostly during the week and I am very flexible. Plus, at my age I'm not really a very "aggressive" hunter, 4-6 times a year.

so, if any of you have any suggestions I would really appreciate any information.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
Old 02-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

I'm in NE Florida also. I'm trying to find a club as well. My brother is in one in St. Augustine but I would like to find my own.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
I'm in NE Florida also. I'm trying to find a club as well. My brother is in one in St. Augustine but I would like to find my own.
LOL, well, let me know if you find one. Closest one I've found so far that's appealing is about a 4 hour drive for me. I'd like to find one between here and the Ocala area if possible. St. Augustine would be perfect.

Bob

Last edited by Voyager28; 02-08-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Spike

Ive been kinda considering private land myself. I like the forest but am getting frustrated as well. If anybody has a hog problem it becomes a paid hunt rather quickly.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by DirtyGator
Ive been kinda considering private land myself. I like the forest but am getting frustrated as well. If anybody has a hog problem it becomes a paid hunt rather quickly.
Paying to hunt doesn't bother me at all if it is a good location and restricted in number of hunters.

Bob