Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Night vision scope

Old 01-17-2015, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default Night vision scope

I am trying to find more information or suggestions about a night vision scope. It will primarily be used for hogs but also some predator hunting every now and then . My brother has a N750 and is alright. I found one made by Armasight called the done pro 10x. Seems good with what I found but since it's relatively new there's not much out there, but I like what I have read and watched on YouTube. It will be on a Colt 5.56 and possibly a Bison Armory 6.8.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Those will all work and all will need a good IR illuminator, better than what comes with them and that will add another $100-200 cost, such as the streamlight Supertac IR or a UNV20IR from Ultimate Night Vision which is a T20 pattern light with an IR led in it. I have one of these.

I would also suggest the possibility of an ATN X-Sight. These are still sort of Beta testing them with their customers, but they have been making a lot of positive changes and getting the bugs worked out and you could have one of them and a UNV20IR for much less than the cost of a N550 or N750. Like the N scopes, it is a daylight (in color) and night scope, but you really really need the extra IR illuminator for it.

The other option is the Sightmark Photon II. It is like an inexpensive version of the N scopes. It has its own IR illuminator and does okay with it but also would benefit from a better one.

Haven't seen a Drone Pro in a long time and don't know how the new ones compare. Sorry.