Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

looking for hog hunt

Old 01-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Spike

Default looking for hog hunt

Am looking for a place to go hunt hogs and get out of the Wi weather for a couple weeks. I have camper to stay in so just looking for a place to hunt.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texas is nice this time of year.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, but it can get cold down there too! I talked to Mom down in San Antonio a couple days ago and it was in the 20s a couple nights. Do a search on south Texas hog hunts and when you pick out one that looks good call them and ask for a full list of references from the last couple years. DO NOT mess with the free hog hunt ad that is constantly on this website. It's a complete scam that was shut down by the Texas AG on numerous fraud charges brought by hunters and they just changed ownership from the guy to his wife and are still in business.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it can get cold. I was born in Houston. Traveled all over Tx for most my life. And considering to where you say your in MI, I would say 20 degrees should not be a too big of problem considering the amount of hogs to be had!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guided in Florida $250 per hog no size limits shoot, stick or spear as many as you want. Hunting done with dogs or by swamp buggy. all private land.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chappys outfitters in Lake Port Fl. cheaper and get service. I'm heading down this week for pigs and predators...
Old 01-23-2014, 04:32 AM
Spike

I don't hunt them, but you can check out Wildlife Management Areas in Florida if you want a DIY hunt. If you want to kill hogs for sure, you'll do better with an outfitter.

http://myfwc.com/hunting/wma-brochures
Old 01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Spike

Before you come to Florida to hunt the WMAs check the rules in the WMA you want to hunt. You can hunt hogs day or night 24/7 in Florida on private land but that is not the case in the Wildlife Management Areas and the rules are different in each one. They say there are over a half million hogs in Florida but all locations are not created equal. I have a lease in North Florida that you will be lucky to see one hog a year. I hog hunt in South Florida with a buddy and down there you may see 20 driving in. If your coming to Florida to hog hunt look at the West side of Lake Okeechobee, that is by far the largest concentration and the weather will be about as good as it gets.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Adrian J Hare
Chappys outfitters in Lake Port Fl. cheaper and get service. I'm heading down this week for pigs and predators...
X2 on Chappys. I was there a few years ago with my sons, GREAT TIME, nice people!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by SecondChance
Texas is nice this time of year.
Yeah, besides that its 11 degrees one day and 50 the next. Plus Texas cold is different than other types of cold. Texas cold wil bite your ears off, so bring a toboggan. Pigs are pretty unpredictable, if you really want to come down and have a ton of fun, then come down this summer and night hunt. It's a totally different game with more action, more hogs, and nicer weather. Then all you need is a shirt, blue jeans and boots, maybe some scent away. It's more fun all the way around if you can hold off that long