Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Wife's first goat - Big Island feral goat hunt

Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wife's first goat - Big Island feral goat hunt

Here's a photo of Thuy-uyen's first goat from her first goat hunt. She used my M4 w/ open sights and shot a nanny at 50yds. We got on another flock later that morning, and took 3 more with the '06. (Kinda big for'em but no tracking needed.)

It was a meat / control hunt so were were asked to take only nannies. We saw lots of big billies and tons of quail, chukar and francolin. Lots of stuff to hunt. We need a bigger freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Wife's first goat - Big Island feral goat hunt-thuy-goat.jpg   Wife's first goat - Big Island feral goat hunt-three-2.jpg   Wife's first goat - Big Island feral goat hunt-photo-1-1-.jpg  

Last edited by JoeA; 11-07-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice. I was stationed at Pearl Harbor for 3 years (1995-1998) and did some goat and hog hunting on Oahu. It was kind of surprising to find out how much good hunting there was on the islands. I don't remember the exact name of the area I hunted goats on but it was going towards Kaena Point on the mountains above the land owned by the Navy's Ammo Magazine across from Makaha. I used to hunt hogs off Like Like Hwy around the Pali.

The hunting was pretty good but I liked the spearfishing better. Nothing quite like putting a shaft in a big Ulua and hanging on! LOL
Old 11-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job, was born on Oahu. On one family trip back got to watch a family friends hog hunt video. Amazing watching the guys get them but after that had no idea how many thing their was to hunt.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

flags,
It sounds like you hunted in Makua Keeau, right next to Makaha Valley.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Spike

Feral goats are a plague in the Islands are you hunting Hawaiian feral hogs too? Regards