Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Alabama Hog!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alabama Hog!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05...than-hogzilla/
Old 08-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That story is about 3 years old or more. Hog was bought by his dad from a local farmer and released so his kid could "Hunt" it a bit later. It has been proven that it is impossible for a hog to be able to naturally feed and obtain a size like that in the wild. Thats why we dont see more in the super size like that. Just can't be done.
We used to raise pen raised hogs and even with modern day feeds and supplements, they barely reach the upper 300 to lower 400lb class much less over 800 in less than ideal conditions without proper genetics and super feeds.

Last edited by SecondChance; 08-14-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy the picture,if it was that big why not have the kid leaning over it or something closer.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by FlDeerman
I don't buy the picture,if it was that big why not have the kid leaning over it or something closer.
He is leaning on it and that was a farm raised animal that was turned lose just like SecondChance stated. It is absolutely not a photoshopped picture and has been around the net for several years. In fact, after the story came out about the kid shooting it so many times over several hours and chasing it all over the plantation, several animal rights groups started their usual BS and the kid even had threats made against him.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-11-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
He is leaning on it and that was a farm raised animal that was turned lose just like SecondChance stated. It is absolutely not a photoshopped picture and has been around the net for several years. In fact, after the story came out about the kid shooting it so many times over several hours and chasing it all over the plantation, several animal rights groups started their usual BS and the kid even had threats made against him.
Thats a fact about the threats. It was rumored that the dad paid 10K for the hog and that it had been released about 2-3 days prior to the "Hunt". He was shooting a 500 S & W. He told that he had shot it approx. 8 times!!!! He more than likely could have killed it with a hammer and a 5 gal bucket with rocks in it so he could not be busted for baiting if he had corn in it!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

This may be a hoax but wild hogs do get that big. My Uncle and Grandfather go to Losghbough hunting every year in Western Tennessee to hog hunt. Last year my Uncle shot a hog that was 834 lbs; shot it five times with a .233 and it didnt phase it so he put a .270 right behind its ear. That wasnt even the record down there, they said the biggest was over 1200 lbs.

His hog was no where near 12 feet though. He has a picture standing next to the pig when they had it hoisted up by a tractor and it couldn't have been any bigger than 7 ft tall. From what I hear 4-600 pounds is normal down there.