Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Aoudad Hunt

Old 12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Aoudad Hunt

I'll be hunting auodad in a few weeks and can't decide which rifle to use. I am debating between my 280 or 35 whelen. What are your thoughts. thanks.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 AM
car
Typical Buck

I would use the one that you're most comfortable with. Where are you going to be hunting at?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BRUSE
I'll be hunting auodad in a few weeks and can't decide which rifle to use. I am debating between my 280 or 35 whelen. What are your thoughts. thanks.
Neither. How are things on Ft. Hood?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I'm leaning towards my 280 since I've shot it alot more. We are going out to Shafter, TX.

Mickey, Ft Hood is what it is I guess. Hard to get the area I want most of the time and when I do its crowded.lol How are things your way.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BRUSE
I'm leaning towards my 280 since I've shot it alot more. We are going out to Shafter, TX.

Mickey, Ft Hood is what it is I guess. Hard to get the area I want most of the time and when I do its crowded.lol How are things your way.
Cold. I guess crowded too. I was stationed at Ft. Hood years ago. I recall them placing hunters in trucks, and other wrecks, for blinds.

I've never hunted Aoudad. But, I hear the shots can be close to 300 yards. So, the .280 should be a good call. I said neither because I'm a 30/06 man. No other reason.

Shoot a nice one!