Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs officially in Central Illinois!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hogs officially in Central Illinois!!!

A buddy sent me a copy of a publication near his home and in it was an article of a gentleman whom captured photos on his trail camera of a HUGE hog at night.
He talks to other locals and find out they to have just recently got pics of it and figure out it had traveled several miles in the past few days/weeks.
They take it to the IDNR and they call in a Sharpshooter and he finds it and takes it out with night vision gear. It comes to be 455 pound boar. They have photos of trail cam pic and then hog on front end loader. Big piggie!!!! To me it has strong Arkansas RazorBack traits.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hogs are great for us that like to hunt pigs but real bad for farmers. Hopefully it will take some time; they are doing some serious damage here in the south.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by The Rev
Hogs are great for us that like to hunt pigs but real bad for farmers. Hopefully it will take some time; they are doing some serious damage here in the south.
I was born and raised in So. Texas and have hunted hogs all over the south. I am fully aware of their damageing ways. I have heard that the IDNR have known about the hogs here in Il but have either denied or just played ignorant to the subject. Now it is on paper and rather makes it official. So we shall see what more they have to say.
Buddies of mine down around Shawnee Nat. have been killing hogs for years during turkey and deer season.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Wild Hogs

Originally Posted by The Rev

I have always wondered that if they are doing so much damage why don't the farmers and land owners welcome hunters to come help clear them out, but instead they seem to try to keep them around to charge people to hunt them.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
I have always wondered that if they are doing so much damage why don't the farmers and land owners welcome hunters to come help clear them out, but instead they seem to try to keep them around to charge people to hunt them.
They might as well to help off set these godforsaken taxes they keep hitting us with everytime we turn around. Damned Chicago!!!!! LOL!!!