Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Best way to attract hogs

Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, wild hogs are fun to hunt and shoot. But you need to think long and hard about attracting hogs to your place. Do not attract hogs to an area where you deer hunt. Unless the place is hundreds of acres the hogs will eventually cause the deer to leave.

i've watched wild hogs chase deer off the game plots, away from ponds, away from the feeders and even out of the wheatfields.

i'm having a lot of trouble at a place where we deliberately attracted wild hogs. The hogs have taken over the game plots and the feeders at that place: The game cameras have not picked up a deer in weeks. In the past week three sows and 11 pigs have been killed there. The boars will get theirs in due time.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Yep, wild hogs are fun to hunt and shoot. But you need to think long and hard about attracting hogs to your place. Do not attract hogs to an area where you deer hunt. Unless the place is hundreds of acres the hogs will eventually cause the deer to leave.

i've watched wild hogs chase deer off the game plots, away from ponds, away from the feeders and even out of the wheatfields.

i'm having a lot of trouble at a place where we deliberately attracted wild hogs. The hogs have taken over the game plots and the feeders at that place: The game cameras have not picked up a deer in weeks. In the past week three sows and 11 pigs have been killed there. The boars will get theirs in due time.
true that....we had a Frankenstein feeder....was a 55 gal drum with 4" pvc manual feeder under it, the hogs knocked it loose, dumped 55 gallons corn in a pile, took em 4-7 days to eat it, i got the picture sequence ...had to put a trap in, after a few months, the deer come back more than the hogs did.