Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Somewhere in Virginia

Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Spike

Exclamation Somewhere in Virginia

Hey guys, I'm Tommy. I'm new to this site, and this state. so i'll give you a little background. Since my first pellet gun when i was 10 i've been a squirrel hunter...killer...ya know how kids are. And then i got my first gun for christmas when i was 16. A Ruger 10/22. It's a little harder to shoot them squirrels from you're garage with stealth with an acual firearm. So needless to say this was the end of my murderous days.

In the last few years i've been looking into getting into actual hunting. Having taken my hunter safety course and aquired multiple rifles and shotguns...even a pistol and license(from NY)...i've become very interested and a little more proactive about it. Now I'm living in Norfolk VA(recently moved from Connecticut..temporarily). A couple of my coworkers and I recently learned of hog hunting jsut before moving here. Never knew it was such a popular sport. Then we found out why it is...hogs, like cyote are a nuisence.

So we thought while our jobs were going to keep us down here we'd give hog huning a shot. We know they're a nuisence so we know that people are wanting them harvested.

My 2 friends and I are looking for a place to hunt them..we've been told that Culpeper County is the place to go. I have a Marlin model 336 .35 with me in VA that i plan on using for this hunt. I'm sure that this is more than enough gun for a decent sized hog...from what i've read.

If anyone has land that they'd allow us to hunt on..i'd be more than happy to buy you and you're wife dinner this friday...or saturday...or lunch on sunday...whichever works for you. My friends and I are looking for an experience. We've never hunted hog and would really apperciate the opportunity.

Thankyou

-Tommy-

ps- my e-mail for better contact is [email protected]