Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hog Hunting Experience

Old 04-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Spike

Default Hog Hunting Experience

I've only been hunting a couple of times with a few friends, but it was in a preserve and I really don't like that. It's too much of a canned hunt if you know what I mean. What are some good places that host wild hog hunts?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 1st pig hunt was at cold brook hunts, near cortland NY. I shot a huge russian boar w/ my bow but it just didnt feel like hunting. The next year I took a trip to a 6k acre, no fence, ranch in e. TX, I found on the web, and wacked 3 hogs in 24hrs, been there a handful of Xs since.some trips I didnt even see hogs but its a real hunt and always have fun, especially spotlighting hogs and varmints. The guide I usually had down there, has started his own outfitting operation, and I will be flying down this friday, to hunt his new 12k acre ranch!!!! Cant wait! Ill post about it when I get back, and report if its a good place to go, but Im sure it is, this guy can find hogs. Texas hunts usually run about 300-500$ but airfares & luggage fees have really gone up though, so the hunt cost are not what they use to be.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Florida also has alot of outfitters to choose from, what kind of hunting are you wanting to do?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by maha56
'Feral pigs' make for some challenging game, and hunting them down takes real courage and skill. Here are some hog hunting tips, which will at least ensure that you are the hunter, and do not become a prey!
.................................................. ................
I guess the hogs where I hunt are the wimpy kind. As soon as they smell or see me they turn and hightail it outta there, and if I do manage to get a shot off they flee like pinballs on fire.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fl., Tx. & Ok. have lots of Hog Hunting.
I've been to Tx. & Ok several times. headed to Ok. in 2 weeks for a few days.
They are smart & have a nose thats hard to beat.
can be exciting at times-i've been charged 8 times over the years.

I've taken a wide variety of Biggame with a Bow. Buffalo, Elk, Caribou & Bears. Hogs are the toughest animal I have ever encountered to kill, even with a well placed shot-gun or bow...