Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Who has hunted pure European Boar?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Who has hunted pure European Boar?

I've hunting plenty of hogs but never pure Euro-Boar. There's an outfitter a couple hours North of me that breeds pure Euro-Boar genetics into their herd. It's high fenced but I can understand why they would do that because of the type of operation they're running. I would absolutely love to have one of these fellas hanging on the wall.

Have any of you guys hunted pure European Boar?

Here's a link to the place I'm talking about...

http://www.boar-hunter.com/pure_european_hogs.html
Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hog in my avatar is a russian boar, shot it about 6 years ago on a preserve in upstate NY. I will never do it again , we walked around the 150 acre enclosure for 1 hour, and saw nothing then when we got back to the gate where we started and 3 boars magically appeared, which was a very convenient since there was 3 of us in our group. Im pretty sure they kept these thing in a small pen and threw them in to the enclosure, after we were in there ,cause there was no way we could have walked around that place with out bumping into those things. When I shot the dumb thing, it just stood there and let me put 2 more arrows in it until it dropped. It really wasnt much of a hunt but I mounted it anyway, cause I didnt think Id ever kill another at the time.
A year later I went to Texas and killed 3 nice,free ranging hogs on 6k acres for less than I spent on that canned hunt ,including airfare. Ive been there 4 Xs since, and Im dying to go again!
Im not against fences ,and Im sure not all operations are like this, but to me, it wasnt much more thrilling than shooting a 3d target and going to the store and buying 100lbs of pork.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
The hog in my avatar is a russian boar, shot it about 6 years ago on a preserve in upstate NY. I will never do it again , we walked around the 150 acre enclosure for 1 hour, and saw nothing then when we got back to the gate where we started and 3 boars magically appeared, which was a very convenient since there was 3 of us in our group. Im pretty sure they kept these thing in a small pen and threw them in to the enclosure, after we were in there ,cause there was no way we could have walked around that place with out bumping into those things. When I shot the dumb thing, it just stood there and let me put 2 more arrows in it until it dropped. It really wasnt much of a hunt but I mounted it anyway, cause I didnt think Id ever kill another at the time.
A year later I went to Texas and killed 3 nice,free ranging hogs on 6k acres for less than I spent on that canned hunt ,including airfare. Ive been there 4 Xs since, and Im dying to go again!
Im not against fences ,and Im sure not all operations are like this, but to me, it wasnt much more thrilling than shooting a 3d target and going to the store and buying 100lbs of pork.

Yeah, I've been to a place that advertised "Russian Boars" and the one I killed looked like yours. What most people refer to as Russian only really has a small amount of Euro-Hog in it and the rest is feral. There is a very noticeable difference between the ones you and I shot and the ones this guy has on his ranch. The hogs he has are pure bloods or have very little feral left in them.