Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Bob's hog

Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Default Bob's hog

I caught a little break in the weather today, so I took 4 dogs out for a little spin. Turned out about 5:30 and had dogs running two separate tracks by 5:35. I followed the three dogs that were on one track and kept rough track of the other dog on the astro 220. The dogs went about 2 miles, had a running fight for about a half mile, at which point he stopped and we shot him at about 6:30. The young dog was bruised up a little and seemed to have had enough of hogs for the day(not sure he has what it takes, but he will get one or two more chances, this was only his 5th wild hog and he did stay with it till the end, he just wasn’t barking much or putting on much pressure at the end). And danny was cut pretty bad, so I sent them back to the house with one of my boys with instruction to get danny started to a vet asap. I then loaded up BB and went looking for pepper, the gps said that he was about 2 miles away and staying in one spot, so I figured he had one bayed. Because of the roughness of the terrain, it took me about 2 hrs to get within 700 yards, but about that time, he started moving again. I caught up with him about 9:00 o:clock, he was still trailing, but was so footsore that he couldn’t even outrun me so I decided to call it a day and went home. When danny got back from the vets, I found out that the tusk had gone in between 2 ribs and had then cut one of the rib and pulled out a couple of feet of small intestine, but fortunately had not cut the intestines, so he will probably be alright if I can keep him from getting an infection.

danny’s cut, standing

danny’s cut, laying

Bobs hog

terrain

I give up, I don't know why sometimes the pics I post on this site work and sometimes they don't, but I'm tired of trying to figure it out.

Bill
Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bob's hog

Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Thanks Ruger

Bill
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nasty cuts, how's the dog doing?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 PM

Dog is doing fine. With the rib cut thru, he will get quite a bit of time on the injured reserve, but there is no longer any concern of him dying from these cuts.

Bill