Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

NC Hog

Old 02-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Spike

Default NC Hog

Wenthog huntingwith Buffalo Creek Guide Service last week and got my first hog. Had a great time, saw plenty of game. I can't wait to go back, sure wish there were hogs in Va.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default RE: NC Hog

the pic
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice hog.

sure wish there were hogs in Va.
Thats what you say nowjust wait till they get up there and you'll have a different attitude about them.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Spike

Is that how they spread throughout the southeast, thru migration? I was wondering why Va did not have hogs? I figured if they escaped in Texas or SC? They would escape in Va too? Because you know we have plenty og hog farms here.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

The marjority of hogs in TX are descendantsof hogs that where let loose and are now a serious problem.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Spike

Does that mean Hogs were not released in states that does not have hog populations? or is because the habitat in texas is more condusive to hogs?
Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Nice hog.

sure wish there were hogs in Va.
Thats what you say nowjust wait till they get up there and you'll have a different attitude about them.
AMEN brother!
Once you have'em, you WONT want them! GUARANTEED
Old 02-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

The southernmost states are more likely to have huge numbers of wild hogs because of the warmer weather. In this part of OK they are a pest species. Wild hogs eat up scarce mast to the detriment of the deer population. Have actually seen hogs run deer off game plots and away from feeders.You should see what 40 hogs can do to a wheat field over night.

Most of the wild hogs in this area have a lot of European boar blood.About ten years ago a rich OK City guy imported 100 breedingboar pairsfrom Germany and turned them loose all over the place.

Wild hogs have no real threat from natural enemies except in those areas where there are cougars. Coyotes cannot deal with hogs, especially the mature boars.Saw a wild boar kill a big bobcat that was hassling a sow and pigs. Wild hogs have a distress call that bringsother hogs to the rescue.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Bull543

the pic
Nice Hog!.......Congrat's