Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

TRANSPORTING TROPHY

Old 05-19-2007, 06:22 AM

Default TRANSPORTING TROPHY

I"m going on a hunt for exotics next week, and due to time constraints am flying out and back.
I'm having trouble finding a way to get my trophy back for mounting.
Anyone have any suggestions?

SCSARCHER
Old 05-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Spike

Default RE: TRANSPORTING TROPHY

Mounts take sometime to process. Maybe have it mounted/process near
where it is taken and pay the freight to ship it to you.
Call your airline see how they handle a trophy, then recheck what they
tell you on their website and have a print out with you when you check in.
What country/states you flying from to?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 AM

every thing can be put in plastic coolers and shiped horns have to have scull plate very clean no brain matter at all and wraped and points have to be covered with cardboard and taped it will cost about 45 for the horns and up to a few hundered for meat and hids I think you are aloud up to 100 pounds per person for about 100$ IT GOES UP ALOT AFTER THAT HPOE THIS HELPS
Old 05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Spike

I guide hunts in Texas and we just did a hunt for a bow hunter from Washington. It cost him over $800 to get his meat processed and shipped Next Day Air for those two animals. Check your airline for what it cost to ship 75-100lbs of meat in a cooler with dry ice. I know its a lot cheaper than that. I have customers that come from Arizona, Oaklahoma, Nebraska, and all over the place and we do it all the time. It just has to be packed in dry ice. I have only seen them check the cooler 2 times in the last year.You will want to have a roll of duct tape with you because they may make you tape it closed. If your meat is frozen it should not be a problem with dry ice on it as well. Your outfitter should know all of this and how to get it all back. Who are you going with or is it some other kind of arrangement?

As for the horns and such, if your coming to Texas, let me know which area. I know some good taxidermist that can take care of it for a small fee for you and you wouldn't have any problems.

Your outfitter should know all of this and how to get it all back. Who are you going with or is it some other kind of arrangement?