Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

Old 02-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hogs hunting around Austin, Fort Hood, or Killeen

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

wabash, I know there are hogs on Ft Hood. Try contacting the bases public information office. They may be able to point you in the right direction. There are special permits required to hunt there and you must have Hunters Ed. Also try the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. They have a lot of public land in Tx including Lake Whitney in Bosque, Hill, and Johnson Counties. Try calling 817-886-1566 for the USA corps office or www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/index.htm good luck and let me know what you find. Greg EDIT: I didn't notice your desire to use dogs. Sorry, the info I sent will not help you.
Greg is right, there is plenty of hunting land on the base. Don't pay an outfitter to kill hogs, we have plenty of hogs in Texas... email the link that Greg posted and you should get some results, if not contact me, and I'll do some leg work for you..
Bob <><