Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

hogs in preserves

Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM

Default RE: hogs in preserves

i hunt a place called the ilderness lodge in everett pa man its hard there when your on 3oo acres and looking for a hog and man are they fast... i like to hunt with bows....
Old 06-17-2006, 05:30 PM
bigcountry

I have hunted preserves twice with bows. No, it definately doesn't have the feel of free roaming animals. If your like me, you feel happy you got a clean kill, but there is something missing. You know that feeling you get when you stick a 8pt, where you are so excited that your shaking actually makes the tree stand rattle. That feeling that brings us back into the woods years after years.

I might go again with my longbow. But would be very dissappointed if I used a gun. One time I had to finish my boar with a 44 mag due to some bow troubles. I did chase that boar for 5 hours with the bow. I felt so bad for the one guy from Indiana that drove 5 hours to walk into the woods at 8AM and be done at 8:15AM.

Take it for what it is,not really hunting, but chasin down pigs and hangin with your buddies. Can be fun.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really such a thing as a fence to a wild hog. If it is spot and stalk and true wild hogs you will have you hands full. If it was with dogs it wouldn't be much of a hunt in that small of an area.