Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Odd Request

Old 04-14-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Odd Request

How can I lure the hogs on my nieghbors property north of me to my own...I have seen them hunting via Heli several years back and have seen them across the fence lines off and on but for some reason they never cross over the fence line...
Old 04-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Odd Request

If they are like deer, Corn anda lotof it, but I still havent seen hogs at my house so I gues I dont really know
Old 04-14-2006, 04:08 PM

bait them like u do deer !!!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:10 AM

setup a feeder on your side,then set a line of corn from the line to the feeder.they will come.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sour up some corn, and put it on your side of the fence... They can't refuse!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I see you live in Lubbock. I grew up there and graduated from Tech. Have the hogs made it to Lubbock yet? I have a cabin out at White River and have seen them all over the lake. When I was a kid there was no such thing as a hog or deer in around Crosby county at the lake. I now see them all the time. Since you live in Texas I can tell you a trick that works real well. Throw corn over the fence near some trails, or on trails on your property. Make sure you neighbor doesnt mind you throwing corn on his land. Lead the trail where you want the pigs to go. At that spot do one of two things, or both.

One: Is to dig holes as deep as you can with post hole diggers. Dig as many as you want, and make sure they are somewhere you don't mind the hogs tearing up. Fill each hole about half full with corn, then pour in a pack of strawberry jello. Do this to all holes. Sour corn works great in these holes aswell.

Two:Make a hog feeder. Get a piece of 3 to 4 inch PVC pipe. Us joints about three feet+ long.Glue onapermanent cap on one end and a twist on cap for the other end. Drill a hole in the back of the permanent cap, big enough to fit a chain or thick wire through. Thread the wire/chain through one end and put a bolt through it, or something to keep it from pulling through the end of the pipe. The tag end needs to be about 5 to6 feet long. Drill holes all in the pipe, just big enough for corn to fall through. Take the pipe out and secure it to a tree or the likes, fill with corn and put on the twist cap. The hogs will find it, and push it around spilling the corn. If your holes are not toobig, it will last for some time. I know some people who build these with barrels

Old 04-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Sour up some corn, and put it on your side of the fence... They can't refuse!

10-4!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 AM

explain to the newbe hunter sour corn...I have always just used some 70-40 mix calf feed and livestock corn for my feeders...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Sour corn is real easy. fill a container with corn, add water and some yeast, or something with yeast in it, like beer. Mix it up and let is set till it sours. Keep it in a warm area. IF it stays cool it will take longer to sour. Its best to cover it, but make sure the cover has a hole in it somewhere so the gas pressure can escape.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: levelgrape

explain to the newbie hunter sour corn...I have always just used some 70-40 mix calf feed and livestock corn for my feeders...
To Sour it do like Burnie said or to turn it to Hominy Grits, dump 50pd's of whole corn in a 55gal drum, add water to cover corn, add one canof Red Devil Lye, stir good and let sit untill the corn puffs up.

Quick Reply: Odd Request

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.