Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Broadhead questions

Old 04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Broadhead questions

Hey guys! I'm going to be going on my first hog hunt pretty soon and I am wondering what I should use in the way of broadheads. I use Slick Tricks for deer, but I'm wondering if a COC is better for piggies. Any input is appreciated!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Broadhead questions

Slick tricks will work fine. I have shot them with all types of broad heads. The only thing I would suggest is to limit the cut radius. 1.25" work well. More important, keep your shot behind the shoulder. I aim a little low and behind the shoulder. If you stick any broadhead in the shoulder blade, you might as well kiss that hog good bye. If you have your arrows tuned with slick tricks, I wouldnt change a thing. They work as well as anything else. I see no need for you to change.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:03 AM

I went on a hog hunt about a month ago and used the new Muzzy
MX-4's100 grains. Had a double lung shot and the hog went about 10 feet and dropped. Im the one on the right!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:04 AM

had to add the picture

Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good looking hog, good job.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

edooley,
First of all very nice hog. I have yet to meet someone who has hunted, tuned and practiced with the new Muzzy MX -4. Can you give us an in depth review (penetration, accuracy with fieldpoints, blade sharpness, etc...) of the broadhead. I currently shoot the 4 blade Muzzy's and was thinking of switching to the MX - 4 this year. If anyone knows how they compare to the Slick Tricks, I would be interested as well.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Steel Force Broadheads
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: edooley

had to add the picture

Good Job to all three! Congrats
Old 04-06-2006, 11:56 AM

kathwacckkk,
I have never used slick ticks but what I have heard they are vey similiar to the MX-4's...Or vice versa...I have used Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain for years but was EXTREMELY satisfied with the new MX-4's. Flight is superb out to 50 yards...same as field points. Blade thickness has greatly improved! Penetration with my Matthews is superb...After shooting the pictured hog onlyone of the 4 blades showed any type of wear. Typically with the 3 blade muzzy's all blades had to be replaced after a kill.The shorter pofile only adds to the greater flight path that I have now...I guess that's where Muzzy copied the slicktricks? All I can say is I am very satisfied with them! I will be using them when I head to Alberta, Canadain Sept. for a combo Bowhunt (Moose, Elk, Whitetail). Hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 AM

Thanks Rebel Hog!

Quick Reply: Broadhead questions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.