Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Question for Texans

Old 03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for Texans

Yes there are a lot of places in Texas that could probably make that claim. We see herds of up to 50 of them at a time coming into fields to feed.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 AM

I've seen outfits advertising hog hunts in Tx for $250-$350 per day. Is that a good price? I was thinking of taking my 14 year old down there for the experience and visit an old friend in Round Rock. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks, Dave
Old 03-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: AlaskaDave

I've seen outfits advertising hog hunts in Tx for $250-$350 per day. Is that a good price? I was thinking of taking my 14 year old down there for the experience and visit an old friend in Round Rock. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Dave go on search and search for Texas Hog Hunts... I would never pay that much... there are some 50.00 a day and 75.00 a day, most are two day min... but never pay over 100.00 regardless of how good they say they are...Gosh there are some Turkey and Hog combination hunts for 150.00 a day..
Bob <><
Old 03-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Dominant Buck

I dont know, My land is just under Dickens, Kent county. I see a lot of hogs there. I actually arrowed one there yesterday afternoon. I ll post the pics later. This whole area have quite a lot of hogs. Kent, Dickens, Baylor, Knox, Haskell,
Old 03-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Never heard of it. Almost every town in Texas claims to be the capital of something. Usually some obscure festival or some such goes along with it.
Stephenville, TX claims to be the cowboy capital of the world. Thats a bold statement for a piss-ant town that is actually in dairy country. There is a college there with a good rodeo team but thats about it.
As far as hogs go, the hill country and south Texas had hogs long before the dickens area ever did.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Dickens -Dickens County, Texas, population 332.

Dickens County was created in 1876 from the Bexar District (pronounced “bear”) and was officially organized in 1891. The Bexar District was formerly a part of the state of Coahuila de Tejas, a province of Mexico. During the time of Spanish occupation, around 1852, this area was recognized as one of the original colonies of New Spain.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I have seen herds of hogs big enought to shot 30 out of. I never take more than I can eat, so I usually shot one or two. I have seen pics from one of the kids i teach where they had 15 hogs layed out. This kid and his brother shot them out of one herd that was tearing up one of their wheat fields. This was in Haskell county, So the article doesnt surprise me at all.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I have seen herds of hogs big enought to shot 30 out of. I never take more than I can eat, so I usually shot one or two. I have seen pics from one of the kids i teach where they had 15 hogs layed out. This kid and his brother shot them out of one herd that was tearing up one of their wheat fields. This was in Haskell county, So the article doesnt surprise me at all.
Burnie, how far from Dickens are you?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Burnie, how far from Dickens are you?
Where i live, im an hour east. My land is in Jayton Texas (Kent County), which is about 30 to 40 miles south of Dickens. Kent county and Dickens county are right next to each other. I tell you what, if Dickens is not the hog capital, it might run a close race for deer. The place is eat up with deer. If you ever travel down highway 114 west at night, keep you eyes open from Baylor County all the way through Dickens county. Ive hit many deer between Guthrie and Dickens.