Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Sonoma County Hawg

Old 03-11-2006, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Sonoma County Hawg

Wow, sound slike some pretty potent stuff! Sounds good though. It is a great hobby!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 AM

i worked at santa rosa hospital ER.on contract.my wife and son went with me.we loved it there.beatiful country.probably would have stayed,but got home sick with the hurricanes and all.i liked healdsberg.there was a small microbrewery/burger grill that i went to a few times that was really great.can't remember the name.
with all those vineyards,i guess it's a great place to be a hog.looks like they are pretty healthy there.my rancher friend called me last night reporting 3 hogs in the trap,i just couldn't get away.i think we'll set it again next weekend.
i didn't do any hunting in california,but i really enjoyed the abalone diving..
Old 03-12-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah, you must be talking about the Bear Republic Brew Pub, right off the plaza. I love that place as well (as long as you like ale)!

Everything is just so expensive up here. But there is some great hunting opportunities and fishing for Salmon out of bodega bay is awesome.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice hawg
Old 03-15-2006, 09:17 AM

hello wineguy. bear republic,that was it.great burgers.i drank the sampler one night with several other full ales.had a head implosion the next day.
really cool little town.reminds me of "mayberry" but your right,just too darn expensive.really nice stout hog you got there. man.i posted my latest hog on the main forum.