Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

8/21 hunt hog

Old 08-23-2005, 02:22 PM

Default 8/21 hunt hog

well,my oldest son moved back from Kentucky this week and with the rain decided to bust his cherry( hopeful that was).got started a little after dark and the dogs were rarin to go.hit all the usual fieldsand haunts real slow with the dogs hooded ,nothin.bout the time we make a big turn headed for the house ,Rosco bout broke his neck gettin off the hood ,but the young athelete,Ranger ,was on his way before Rosco got off ,which i have never seen or heard him do it before . guess Rosco could'nt stand it and was yappin as he come off the hood tryin to catch up to the young dog. the moon was just right as we shut off the trucks to watch and listen. in an old wheat stubble field we could see a silouette of what i thought were cattle ,and the dogs just a hammerin on em. the CATTLE broke and this big black yealing was barrelin right back to us,dogs hot on his heals.at that point could have shot em but the closer they got the yearling turned into a pretty goo sized hog headed right at us. at the fence the hog did a little manuvere called ,find me in this little clump of johnson grass,right in front of us .dogs ran thru on to the road lookin for pig ,nadda. had the bulldog out luckily and some helpers. 2 young pups came right in front of our feet and started hammerin away.by then we could smell em real strong. the oldetr dogs made a sweep and came right back and STRUCKin the barditch. sent old Zeke to meet mister pig and the fight was on. after a little ruckus we could hear em headin down the fence draggin Zeke.he finally got him stopped about 30 yrd. down the fencerow .my youngest grabbed leggs and began to try a flip,nadda.grabbed a front leg and down he went against the Barbwire.i think the wind died immediately when he was down cause we were ringinwet in 1 minute.hobbles weren't big enough to fit on the fat a$$ so we had to double em up and use some mule tape on top. ever tried to workthe bad side of a hog with a ,good set of teeth.dont like it at all.finallygot Zeke off and out from under the bottom side. 12:01 when we shut the motor off 12:21 hog loaded.checked all thedogs only damage was to zeke.pcture in throat, left foreleg,rear stiffle(worst ) and didnt know how close he came to gettin gutted until we got home and checked everthing in good light,4 inch skin cut in front of his( business)crossways.so close.be out of pocket for a while . pics. sorry but no action shots just the after
2 1/2 inch one side other nada
before release in the pen
after release with worlds best pen baydog Buddy
not very good pics but lets play the guessin game
Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 PM

Default RE: 8/21 hunt hog

VERY nice, those cutters look mean. what the hog go about 150ish.?

Old 08-23-2005, 09:15 PM

276# told my girlfriend to get a pic of the scales, thought she would get the hog in too,dumb me for thinkin.but thats what the scales said
Old 08-24-2005, 09:03 PM

wow it looked smaller than that in the pic layin down. thats a nice hog. we hit one went 380lbs lastyear that boar was one meen SOB!!! killed 2 dogs that had vest on.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:16 PM

we only had the 1 catchdog and he got hellocoptered real good.poked in the throat.right front foreleg,stiffle joint and almost gutted.he'll be out for a few weeks .thats ZEKE ,the allmighty catchdog in the bottom pic,cant tell it but thats the day after.just drags his left back leg right now
Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Cool. great pics.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool story
Old 08-26-2005, 09:31 PM

Man that was a exciting story...Good Job
Old 08-27-2005, 04:02 PM