Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.260 Rem. Or 7mm-08 Rem. ?

Old 05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: .260 Rem. Or 7mm-08 Rem. ?

aimiablerooster, would a 6.5-284 like this tickle your fancy?

Old 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM

Not only tickle my fancy...lets just say that it would make my wife jealous...with good cause! What do you think the chances are that one of the big makers will run with it it?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 PM

I think we'll get together sometime soon. My oldest son Chris would also like to meet you. I just went out with him yesterday. His Savage 12BVS was not shooting all that well at all. Could be it still needs to break in?? My Ruger was ok, but I had some reloading issues that I still need to look into. I'm not that experienced at reloading but I've never run into trouble until yesterday. Anyhow, I'll do my homework and call you if I still haven't figured it out...or maybe post on the Reloading area.

Take care...
Old 05-17-2005, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well roost, we will definitely have to get together now.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rooster, are you talking about a gun manufacturer mass producing the 6.5-284 as a caliber? Unfortunately I just don't see that hapening. The gun in the picture is in the works as we speak for me to build. You can build the entire gun off parts from one website without having to go to different places to get the components.

Obviously it's a T/C Encore, it will have a 26" heavy barrel, EABCO custom laminated thumbhole stock and forend, and a Bellmtc's trigger job at a crisp 2.5-3#. All topped off with a Nikon Monarch 5.5-16.5 x 42. Mine will be all stainless though. I'm considering spending the extra dough for a match grade barrel as well.