Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

7MM-08 Good Day @ The Range

Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 PM

Default RE: 7MM-08 Good Day @ The Range

ORIGINAL: Slamfire

In the words of Chris Lapp "You have done well, pilgrim". Now all you have to do is shoot a one shot group to find out where the bullets go from a clean barrel. Try one shot, every day for a week. Then you'll know where the most importatant shot is goin'. Some folks like to do one shot groups in different weather conditions, just for extra insurance.
Slamfire

Shooting a series of first shots from a clean cold barrel is definitely on the agenda. Going to work up loads for a few more bullets first. Got to try a different powder with the 150Grn Ballistic Tips. I'd really like to get them shooting better. I also picked up some 140 Grn Accubonds today and want to try some Partitions before it's all said and done.

firstshot
----------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 7MM-08 Good Day @ The Range

Hey firstshot, I was getting ready to press up some of these loads myself. Started looking around, and your load is on the hot side. Only manual I see with such a load is Sierra's. If its safe, I bet you are cooking at 2900fps.

What made you load it so hot?

My nosler, hodgdons page, and others show around 42-43gr being max.