Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Varmint Rifles

Old 05-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Remington Varmint Rifles

What do you guys think about the remington varmint rifles? Im looking into gettin a new varmint gun and i want something accurate. I was thinking a reminton 700 vsf. What recomendations do you guys have on the most accurate out of the box varmint rifles? Price is not much of a factor. Want to try and keep the total weight of the gun under 10 pounds. (vsf is 8.5 pounds + scope should be around 10).
Old 05-01-2005, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Remington Varmint Rifles

A lot of people are looking at the Savage rifle lines,as well loving there trigger system. vangunsmith
Old 05-01-2005, 09:26 PM
DM

For my Money, Remington varmiters have always been a "best buy". I looked at one today at Gander Mountain, and it looked very good to me.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy one because they always have had the best bbls, and also are the easiest to get to shoot the "best" if they don't already right out of the box!!

Haveing said that, i haven't bought a new Remington 700 of any kind in many years!!

Drilling Man
Old 05-01-2005, 09:57 PM

I picked up a Remington 700 VLS in 22/250 couple months ago and it was accurate out of the box getting .5 to .75 groups with 55 grain bullets although the 40 - 50 grainers are supposed to be even better. All I did was lower the trigger to 3 lbs. I did look at the ruger and tika and howas but they just didn't feel as good as the remington. That said, I wouldn't heistate to buy another remington and already have a BDL 300 win mag and it is a sharp shooter too so the VSF should be too as well.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a vssf in 22-250 a couple of years ago and it has turned out to be quite accurate.I had a fair amount of imr3031 on hand and quickly had it shooting 5/8" groups with 50gr v-max bullets.It will in all likelyhood do even better with more load development,but until I use up the imr3031,I will be content with the current accuracy.I am also impressed with the accuracy that the new t-3 varmint rifles are delivering.The ones that I have seen shot very small groups.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Remington Varmint in 6mm that is my favorite long range varmint round. Flat shooting and very accurate. I also own the VLS in 308 Win. My favorite all round rifle. Both super shooters if you don't mind a little extra weight.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the looks of the Rem vrmint rifles although I havent shot any. I did shoot a model 12 savage in 204...wow..that thing grouped scary!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:57 PM

Although the Savage may qualify as a "best buy", my vote is for the Remington. They really hold their value.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:00 PM

I bought a M700 ADL in 22-250 just 3 days ago to shoot the varmints here on the farm. I also bought one of those "bargain" boxes (40rds) of Win 45gr. JHP. Was surprised at the accuracy of this gun. I've owned many M700s, and never had a complaint regarding accuracy or operation.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:00 PM

I have owned a rem 700 vs in 22/250 and loved the accuracy that it produced. federal 55 gr. bthp consistently would shoot dime sized groups. The only downside to the gun was the weight and the trigger. I've recently replaced that rifle with a browning a-bolt in .223 rem. It weights a mere 6 pounds and 1 ounce! not quite as accurate, but with a laminate stock and fiberglass bedding, i feel it will shoot very close to the remington. The only drawback to the light weight is that the barrel seems a bit thin and won't hold a pattern after about 5 shots. My 700 vs would go 10 or so rounds before losing any of it's group. I've also heard lot's of good about the new accu-trigger's from savage and the new howa's.

Quick Reply: Remington Varmint Rifles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.