Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Goodshooting .22 pistol?

Old 04-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Goodshooting .22 pistol?

What's up guy's, Old Swamp back again.This time I got something new for you.I have a few old High Standard .22 pistols.But they are usually kind of brittle.As of late I have been on a .22 binge.Now I am looking for a really good shooting ,accurate pistol.Don't know whether to go with an semi-auto ( Ruger ,Sig , Smith Brownie) or something like a double action smith or single ruger.The biggest thing it must be dead eye dick.Any ideas?Ain't been around lately ,been putting in 84 + hours a week but did I tell you guy's that you all are like family to me (No,I am not sucking up ..LOL)Thanks guy's ...Swampdog
Old 04-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Goodshooting .22 pistol?

I have a Browning Buckmark Nickel with the 5 1/2" barrel and I really like it. A few years ago I put a Bushnell Holo sight on it and that is a neat sight. I also really like the Ruger 22/45 with the 5 1/2" barrel. The Ruger MK II are very good guns and the MK III has improved features.

I personally like the Ruger and Browning .22s the best, but you should go handle some and see which one fits your hand the best.

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:04 AM

How accurate is "dead eye dick"? and what will be the use for this pistol? Accurate plinkers are Ruger (often really good with a Clark or another aftermarket trigger), Buckmarks or the SIG Trailside. The two most accurate 22 handguns I've owned are a Pardini SP and a Hammerli 208s. Many of the 22's you mentioned can be very accurate with the right ammo - finding what they like is part of the fun of owning one.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am shooting in a 22 pistol league .
I have a Ruger Mk 2 that shoots great
But I just went to a Sig Trailside because the trigger is better than even my reworked ruger trigger , accurey is about the same.

In the league I get to shoot lots of different guns.
I can recomend
Ruger MK 2 or 3 or 22/45 if the trigger is good or you lighten it up .
Sig Trailside great gun , just call Sig and get a extra trigger transfer spring (free ,it needs to be replaced every so often)
Browning Buck Mark
S & W 22A

Nice thing about these ( except for some Ruger MK2) is ease of red dot sight or scope mounting if you like ( 80% shoot a red dot in the league)

Johnch
Old 04-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Take a look at the berreta m87.Shot one at the club,outstanding accuracy.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a S&W 22A with a 4X Simmons on top, and it's a true tack driver. I shot about 25 squirrels last fall with it, and most through the head.

It will shoot pretty much hole in hole at 25 yards...and doesn't jam. Isn't bad to clean, either. I had a buckmark, and didn't like the cleaning process on that gun. Just me.......
Old 04-17-2005, 05:19 AM
DM

I've won more small bore handgun matches with my HighStandard Victor than anything else i ever put in my hands!!! Of course, i've read the new ones aren't in the league of the old ones!!!

What YOU consider "dead eye dick" may not be the same thing "I" consider dead eye dick!!

For me, it would have to be an semi auto, and not something like a Ruger that after you buy it once, you have to buy it a second time (spend $$) to make it a decent shooter!!

Drilling Man
Old 04-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Hi-Standard and Ruger.
Army shooting team.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guy,s DM & Rebel Hog .I got some older High Standards,T
rophymatics ,supermatics,citations, But I really don't want to take the chance of messing them up.I am looking for something ( Not for competition but something I could be confident I could hit a dime with at say 25 or 30 yds. ( If I can do that I ain't worried about old no shoulders) It would be carried around the yard ,on the ATV and used for gereral plinking .Maybe the occasional "I can hit that" session with the shooting buds.Thanks again guy's...Alton
Old 04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
DM

Swampdog,

Quit worrying and shoot those High Standards!!! What good are they if they have to stay locked up inside all the time!!!!

I've drug my Victor all over out in the bush!! I ran trap line with it, and used it for everything!!!! That's what it's for!!!

I think the guys that have a decent gun and then won't use it because they are afraid it will get a scratch are really missing the boat!!!!! All the pleasure is from "useing" it --------> NOT <-------- "owning" it!!!

Drilling Man

Quick Reply: Goodshooting .22 pistol?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.