Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Long eye relief scopes

Old 04-02-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Long eye relief scopes

I've got long eye relief scopes on my mind recently and am seriously thinking of putting one on a spare 94 Win I have just to see how it works. They're mostly made for pistols and I put one on my S&W six gun last year for the Illinois handgun season and really liked how it works. I didn't tag out but I found the scope very natural for my eye to use. I know Winchester came out with the Timber Scout this year with the long eye relief scope on it and it looks like it's very popular. Has anyone ever used a long eye relief scope on a rifle and how did it work for you?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Long eye relief scopes

I have used the intermediate eye reliefe scopes. Sometimes called Scout scopes on rifles. One of the best I know of is the Leupold scout scope which usually sells for about 200.00 dollars. The last ones I saw were at Cabelas. I have not checked them out recently. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have a leupold 2.5x Scout scope on my Marlin guide gun. Its a great setup. I'm pretty sure that XS sights makes a scout mount for the winchester too. It will impress you.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

You are right about the XS sight system sights. They are great.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:52 PM

What rings are on that marlin lever action? I have a 2-7x NC star scout scope I want to mount to my marlin 1984C 357mag using the same mount company and sights that are on your gun.