Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun metals

Old 04-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gun metals

Hi,
I know it's probably been discussed but help me out here. The only experience I've had with Eastern European guns was many years ago. I shot a single shot NEF .410 brazilian made (I know not Eastern European, but there was no Russian guns then) at skeet. When we took it to a gunsmith to lighten the trigger, he said plainly the metal was junk and it would be dangerous to fiddle with it. Another instance, a friend bought a shotgun for his son, NEF also, and the safety would not work. Now with all these Russian guns like Baikel, CZ from Czech Republic, Huglu and others from Turkey, are the metals they use any good? Are they any better than our standards?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gun metals

I shot a single shot NEF .410 brazilian made
Ok since when is NEF Brazilian made? Could you be referring to a Rossi?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

My mistake. The firearm manufacturer/importer was F.I.E.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:17 PM

Most of the metals they use are better than they use to be,but still not as good as ours! Its a shme some of there guns had fairly good workmanship but the metal would wear a lot quicker or break so as they say sometimes. You get what you pay for. vangunsmith
Old 04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we took it to a gunsmith to lighten the trigger, he said plainly the metal was junk and it would be dangerous to fiddle with it
The only requirement to being a gunsmith is a board and some paint.....paint the word gunsmith on the board and hang it in your driveway.